Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I am the king of reality. For **** sake when I was on dial up I downloaded Survivor. I still even now watch Survivor and the amazing race. The Bridge is utter shit. I gave up after 30 minutes. 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am the king of reality. For **** sake when I was on dial up I downloaded Survivor. I still even now watch Survivor and the amazing race. The Bridge is utter shit. I gave up after 30 minutes. 

Was Survivor the two groups of people on an island? They had to do tasks like stand on a wooden post and the last one standing wins the task? I guess it was the concept for "I'm a Celebrity..."

I liked reality TV then the contestants were genuine people. Before people realised you could make a career out of being a reality TV 'star'.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Was Survivor the two groups of people on an island? They had to do tasks like stand on a wooden post and the last one standing wins the task? I guess it was the concept for "I'm a Celebrity..."

I liked reality TV then the contestants were genuine people. Before people realised you could make a career out of being a reality TV 'star'.

Thats it. Still basically the same premise, one voted out each week, winner gets a million dollars. 

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I’ve not watched I’m a celebrity for a few years but this years series set in cold, wet Wales is going to be especially shit. I may tune in initially to see how they try and make it appear less awful.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm so gutted about this. A really bad decision to can a genuinely interesting series.

Surely somebody should pick this up at some point in the future. I was really looking forward to seeing how the BTK story developed throughout the series to come and also to see more dramatisations of the serial killers in the American system. Sad news 

• Like 1

I'm still smashing through Britbox. I think at £5.99 a month its very decent. 'Des' has just been uploaded to it so it does get new stuff as well. 

Working through 'Wire in the Blood' at the minute. 

Finished the alienist series 2

its different from the first series but yet every bit as good imo, probably more about a nutter yet less about psychology, does more with the city, starts a historical story line that it doesn’t really finish, still got lots about class and society in there, it’s missing 2 good characters from S1 without anyone really stepping up to fill the void

Spoiler

The way they demoted laszlobut promoted the John and Mary story surprisingly really worked for me

the Spanish stuff fizzled out, if it ever really started...other than meaning she couldn’t go to the police the whole war stuff didn’t really develop or work how it maybe could have done 

• Like 1

I finished The Wire this evening, it is terrific, not sure I'd put it at the top of my list of all time TV shows though.  It does have individual scenes like this one that are absolutely brilliant.  

Overall 9/10, could've been a 10 but for that season where McNulty didn't feature much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Halfway through S1 of City on a Hill and it's pretty decent. About the Boston police and a gang of bank robbers in Boston. It's nothing you haven't seen 10 times before with the same type of characters and a familiar story but the acting is good and it looks like it should. Kevin Bacon is in it so there's that.

Edit: Apparently Affleck and Damon are producers which is hardly surprising as they've done exactly this thing a couple times.

City on a Hill Poster

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

So fan service the TV-series or The Mandalorian is back with season 2. It's more of the same and that's good I guess as most people seem to like it.

For me it plays like a extremely high budget fan fiction, really not feeling it. it looks good but it's not interesting at all, story is boring and paint by numbers with all the familiar stuff that the fans (but not me apparently) will enjoy. Guess I'm too cynical to enjoy it.

6/10 mostly because it looks good.

On 25/10/2020 at 12:56, Genie said:

I’ve not watched I’m a celebrity for a few years but this years series set in cold, wet Wales is going to be especially shit. 

Isn't that going to make it better and more interesting and funnier. 

Will be funny if it rains the whole two weeks inside the camp 😁

On 16/10/2020 at 10:42, rjw63 said:

I almost gave up after 3 episodes, I posted here saying pretty much what you have.

Not one likable character, and it dragged.

But it really does improve and you find yourself getting sucked in, by the end of season two I was pissed that there was no season 3 ready to go!

EDIT: after watching a documentary about The Dirty Digger I'd be very surprised if this show isn't based on Rupert Murdoch and his family.

Yep, you're right. We've blitzed the end of season 1 in the past couple of days, something clicks and it's so compelling watching these clearings in the woods. 

On 26/10/2020 at 00:43, sharkyvilla said:

I finished The Wire this evening, it is terrific, not sure I'd put it at the top of my list of all time TV shows though.  It does have individual scenes like this one that are absolutely brilliant.  

Overall 9/10, could've been a 10 but for that season where McNulty didn't feature much.

Still think it's the best show I've watched. Everything is exceptional. 

• Like 4

Thanks to @Seat68 I’m now watching a documentary thing about The Jam.

They just had a little clip of video and Weller has a scruffy sticker on his guitar. He gave me one of those stickers and I stuck it on my guitar. I remember it because the one he gave me was such a catchy snappy slogan: ‘animal based cancer research is a fraud’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm looking for a new series to watch and I think it's going to be Dark. I'm just a bit sceptical about it because a lot of reviews saying how brilliant it is say that it's also pretty much impossible to understand what's going on, and I'm struggling to see how that would make it enjoyable! Also read that it starts quite slowly - there are some more negative comments out there about it too.

I'm also waiting for the new season of Fargo to be broadcast somewhere in the UK, but I've heard it isn't quite up to the standard of the others unfortunately.

Very sadly, I'm also glad that Hell's Kitchen (USA) has returned. It's shite but an absolute guilty pleasure of mine.

Â