Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

On 28/05/2022 at 15:16, OutByEaster? said:

Design-wise, I'm happy enough, they've kept it simple, not taken any chances and I think it'll look fine when it's on the players.

I think taking over a new team for a kit manufacturer is a bit like an Olympic long jump competition - get a good, solid safe jump in first, then next time around you can give it the full beans.

Not sure I ever want to see what Castore's "full beans" shirt looks like.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, a m ole said:

This seasons Kappa quality and sizing, of the pro kit at least, is really good.

I can only speak for myself but reckon I am not alone here - they completely lost my confidence in their sizing with the first year's effort, and so I never bought another Kappa shirt again.

Villa really need to partner with manufacturers that make a great shirt every time - good fit, right colours, simple traditional design, strong materials and finish.

It really isn't rocket-science, but here we are looking at a Castore shirt with cheap materials, bad stitching, and once again the wrong colours.

Very frustrating for a club that's aiming to be top 6 again in the near future.

21 hours ago, a m ole said:

This seasons Kappa quality and sizing, of the pro kit at least, is really good.

i dunno, its a nice shirt but I'm a medium in normal clothes and bought a large, should have got an extra large, how can kappa as a company be 2 sizes up from everyone else? I'm not sure how or why they choose to use their own standards

thats what generated my biggest issue with them, last season they released a white jumper that for pre season, lovely looking jumper, i wanted it but i dont have the confidence to buy a £60 jumper from kappa without trying it on, so i waited until i was at VP in September...and it had sold out (as well a corona meaning i couldnt try anything on)

the sizing + the stock issues killed them for me, there was a fair few tops that i liked but i didnt or couldnt buy

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, floody555 said:

https://castore.com/collections/football/products/black-newcastle-mens-21-22-home-shirt?variant=39450261684361

See link to Castore website for Newcastle kit from season just gone, there's a size chart which I've attached a pic for as well

Kit Size.PNG

The issue with this is that most people know their size but not their measurements, even though those sizes change a bit between brands, so I know on loose fitting clothes I'm an L, but things that are tighter I need an XL. Brands like Superdry I'm either an XL or an XXL depending on what side of the bed they woke up on the morning they made it. With Kappa, I don't know. I bought 2 shirts, both XXL and 1 fits fine and I is still a bit tight overall

I get that the fashion is for tight fitting kits (and clothes in general), but surely most designers know once you get past a large the tight fit becomes a bit too tight for the body shape and they should really be loosened incrementally from there. It's one thing being Tyrone Mings and wearing a large shirt which is skin tight, it's another thing being Big Dave and wearing an XXL that's skin tight 

• Like 2

I don't think I've seen this version of the leaked photo on here yet. 

I think it actually looks pretty smart, if not a little plain.

There's a Castore employee who plays for my local cricket team. He's kitted them out with any merch they wanted (including Wolves stuff) and they say it's very good quality. Let's hope that stays true for the Villa things.

FB_IMG_1653828829104.jpg

• Like 1

I’ll reserve judgement until it’s seen on a team player where we’ll get a better idea of how it looks on.

I do think it’s a little plain but that’s not always a bad thing

Edited by theboyangel

19 minutes ago, May-Z said:

There's a Castore employee who plays for my local cricket team. He's kitted them out with any merch they wanted (including Wolves stuff) and they say it's very good quality. Let's hope that stays true for the Villa things.

FB_IMG_1653828829104.jpg

I like it. I don't know what people are expecting!

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

FB_IMG_1653828829104.jpg

It's just so....... plain. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It's just so....... plain. 

Good, plain and traditional

The past 2 home Kappa shirts have been dreadful with the dodgy stripes on the claret body, and no crappy Kappa badges on the arms to peel off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

I know there are bigger things to be worrying about, but why does our blue have to be so pale these days? (Arguably, we no longer play in 'proper' claret either, more like magenta in some lights.)

Score Draw Aston Villa 1982 Champions of Europe Retro Football Shirt

The blue in this kit is just lush.

I wonder what the reasons have been for the colour changes over the years. Are they decisions meant to accommodate broadcasters, making sure that the kits produce enough contrast for the cameras filming from the gantry?

Edited by His Name Is Death