Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

How do they manage to get the blue wrong so often? 1970’s claret and blue should be the go to pallet!

I think it’s because of the badge. When they updated the badge the shade of blue changed from the older slightly deeper blue. At least the claret looks more red now and less purple. 

• Like 1

Considering we are signing some high profile name players I'm sure we will sell a lot of shirts almost regardless how it looks. That said those ones looks very basic and bland.

On 27/05/2022 at 12:01, Zatman said:

Surely the club tells them what colours we want or has some information on it

They should have corporate guidelines that has all that detail on and if it's the wrong colours then send them back

Tbh it's impossible to tell what the actual shades are like in that image. It looks like an Arsenal shirt.

No matter what it looks like, it'll be shit quality like all the crap Castore make. £60 please.

Edited by Davkaus

On 27/05/2022 at 13:01, Zatman said:

Surely the club tells them what colours we want or has some information on it

Maybe the club should invest in something like this to make sure we actually get the color we are looking for from the manufacturers.

PANTONE® Europe | The PANTONE Plus Plastic Standard Chips Collection  (PSC-PS1755)

Just now, sne said:

Maybe the club should invest in something like this to make sure we actually get the color we are looking for from the manufacturers.

PANTONE® Europe | The PANTONE Plus Plastic Standard Chips Collection  (PSC-PS1755)

I’m sure Villa has a Brand/design bible what would outline how everything branding and design related should look, including colours. For colour spaces like Hex colours, CYMK and and any other colour space that’s needed. However, from personal experience, printing colours on paper is tricky. Because of issues such as printers, ink and paper that can change the colours in many ways. I can only imagine fabrics is much harder. Also can never dismiss the higher ups changing stuff, just so they can feel they had an input.  

• Like 1

we need to get the stripes back into the kit and I miss the old striped badge too. Seen a lot of bad stuff about Castore online, i don't usually buy the kits anyway so it won't affect me, but they do appear to have a lot of bad press

Design-wise, I'm happy enough, they've kept it simple, not taken any chances and I think it'll look fine when it's on the players.

I think taking over a new team for a kit manufacturer is a bit like an Olympic long jump competition - get a good, solid safe jump in first, then next time around you can give it the full beans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Compared to the real Castore shirts out there you can tell that’s certainly a sample. It’s impossible to judge what the finished product will look like from that. 

Looks on-par with their standard replica shirts to me.

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Really hope this is a one year contract and we do well enough next season to leverage a better deal.

Doubt it's just one year.

• Like 1

One things for sure im glad krappa are finished. They are perhaps the shittest company we have used fron quality to sizing awful.

Never ever use them again 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

One things for sure im glad krappa are finished. They are perhaps the shittest company we have used fron quality to sizing awful.

Never ever use them again 

This season saw a marked improvement quality wise, my step lads home shirt is decently made at least. But yeah, weird kits overall from kappa.

For me though, nothing will ever beat Macron in terms of poor quality workmanship. As crap as the material UA used at least the shirts held together and stuff stayed on the shirt and didn’t peel off. Macron shirts felt like they had been made by blind kids without hands. 

I may be in the minority, but I quite like it. The material looks pretty cheap, but then it always does. I quite like the off-white/cream colour of the sponsor.

Edit.. I should just say that over the last year I've come to loathe the slightly darker red stripes of the current kit. No idea why, I have no issues with stripes on kits normally, and I quite like embossed patterns.

Edited by HKP90