Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Are the guys who own Castore mates of Gerrards?

dunno but im not sure if thats what this is

they're seemingly having a huge push on sports teams at the moment, their new teams for next season are us, leverkusen and sevilla

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

I know there are bigger things to be worrying about, but why does our blue have to be so pale these days? (Arguably, we no longer play in 'proper' claret either, more like magenta in some lights.)

Score Draw Aston Villa 1982 Champions of Europe Retro Football Shirt

The blue in this kit is just lush.

I wonder what the reasons have been for the colour changes over the years. Are they decisions meant to accommodate broadcasters, making sure that the kits produce enough contrast for the cameras filming from the gantry?

I always enjoy the kit debates.  I (am old enough to) remember when this kit came out everyone said the blue was too dark and hated the blue side panels... 😆

Personally, I prefer the simplicity of claret body and blue sleeves, with a few tweaks to the collar and cuffs to keep it interesting.  They can do what they like with the away kit as long as it's not any shade of dark blue.  This year's Kappa third kit and the Reebok navy blue from the 90's should never have been produced.  Other than that, I couldn't really care what they come up with.... 

On 28/05/2022 at 23:02, thabucks said:

@NurembergVillan How does the deal work with fanatics in terms of which manufacturer we go for. And does the club tender/negotiate or fanatics? 

I'm not entirely sure so it's an educated guess here.

I would anticipate Fanatics have paid Villa X amount and then have the rights to negotiate with kit suppliers.

My understanding of the first year of that was that the kit was designed in-house at Fanatics and then the supplier for that season paid to have their logo put onto the kit that had been designed and developed.

Once Kappa came on board, they have their own design templates and styles so I would expect the deal to have been structured a little differently with them.

Castore will be an interesting one as my understanding (again, could be wrong) is that their deal with Newcastle is direct but their deal with Wolves is through Fanatics.  In this instance, Fanatics have a preferred manufacturer which is where the Wolves stuff was made. From what I saw, that was of a higher standard than what Newcastle fans were buying.

I know there has been a lot of conjecture about Fanatics' role in our kits over the last few years, but in reality their partner factories are good.  Fanatics manage to get licences from the likes of Nike and Adidas to produce American sports products with their logos on, and those two brands wouldn't sign up for that unless the quality was going to be spot on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

It's just so....... plain. 

I don't mind if the kits is plain, too many kits these days try to be fancy with their patterns and whatnot (see Spurs third kit)

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I would anticipate Fanatics have paid Villa X amount and then have the rights to negotiate with kit suppliers.

My understanding of the first year of that was that the kit was designed in-house at Fanatics and then the supplier for that season paid to have their logo put onto the kit that had been designed and developed.

Once Kappa came on board, they have their own design templates and styles so I would expect the deal to have been structured a little differently with them.

Castore will be an interesting one as my understanding (again, could be wrong) is that their deal with Newcastle is direct but their deal with Wolves is through Fanatics.  In this instance, Fanatics have a preferred manufacturer which is where the Wolves stuff was made. From what I saw, that was of a higher standard than what Newcastle fans were buying.

I know there has been a lot of conjecture about Fanatics' role in our kits over the last few years, but in reality their partner factories are good.  Fanatics manage to get licences from the likes of Nike and Adidas to produce American sports products with their logos on, and those two brands wouldn't sign up for that unless the quality was going to be spot on.

Am I wrong in thinking the fanatics deal had ended now?

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't mind if the kits is plain, too many kits these days try to be fancy with their patterns and whatnot (see Spurs third kit)

I think if it were to go back to being plain I would prefer them to have a slightly more retro tilt to reflect the 1982 anniversary. 

Just personal taste though. 

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

So Rob, if SQUATWOLF wanted to do the Villa kit, what would the process be? 

I'm assuming there would need to be a deal between SW and Fanatics, who would then go on to produce the kit and other apparel? 

3 hours ago, avfc456 said:

Good, plain and traditional

The past 2 home Kappa shirts have been dreadful with the dodgy stripes on the claret body, and no crappy Kappa badges on the arms to peel off

They have been crap, but looking at our historic kits I don't see that 'plain' claret body and blue sleeves is a tradition outside of a bit of a run in the late 50s, through 60s. Even then they kept changing the colour of the socks, which would be rigorously debated here!

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They have been crap, but looking at our historic kits I don't see that 'plain' claret body and blue sleeves is a tradition outside of a bit of a run in the late 50s, through 60s. Even then they kept changing the colour of the socks, which would be rigorously debated here!

When people go on about tradition, they usually just mean the 70's or 80's

• Like 2

On 28/05/2022 at 11:35, Galway Lion said:

How do they manage to get the blue wrong so often? 1970’s claret and blue should be the go to pallet!

Don't bring pallets into this thread again

• Like 1