Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

with the way they said goodbye / thanks to kappa yesterday and then announced this today have to guess its a contractual thing, kappa's contract finished yesterday, castore's started today

reading the announcement they have the leisure wear deal too, not sure what the wording of the luke deal was but that could be them gone

the other interesting thing for me from the announcement was the club labelled them as a British brand like they consider that to mean something significant 

We're not a Brexit club so god knows wtf that's all about.

Castore is a growing brand - it makes sense from a commercial sponsor. I hope this means with more income we can move away from more illegitimate sponsors. I just hope the finished product is something worth the wait. 

Couldn't care less who makes the kit at the moment.  We need the FFP headroom from whoever pays the most, rather than a big name,  while we play catch up to the big boys.

That said, the kits have been leaked, they're clearly in production, why on earth are they waiting before launching it. New supplier... same old mistakes.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

with the way they said goodbye / thanks to kappa yesterday and then announced this today have to guess its a contractual thing, kappa's contract finished yesterday, castore's started today

reading the announcement they have the leisure wear deal too, not sure what the wording of the luke deal was but that could be them gone

the other interesting thing for me from the announcement was the club labelled them as a British brand like they consider that to mean something significant 

They referred to Kappa as "The Italian sportswear company" or something like that when we announced them, pretty sure they've referred to the company's nationality every time we've announced a new kit manufacturer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

They referred to Kappa as "The Italian sportswear company" or something like that when we announced them, pretty sure they've referred to the company's nationality every time we've announced a new kit manufacturer.

People acting like this is our new kit

image.thumb.jpeg.e8ed0f0a82fced08bc4a1e8b24225e3f.jpeg

it’s not that deep. Just stating sponsor background. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Raise ticket prices and then introduce a kit supplier notoriously famous for supplying absolute crap kits. They really spoiling us this year.

The owners have spent heavily so we cant criticise them for raising ticket prices

The brand snob in me wanted Adidas or Nike (even after the way they treated us) but we’d just be another name in their portfolio with as things currently stand.

The hipster in me wanted New Balance and initially was disappointed with Castore but now it’s announced I’m over it and at least we have someone whom will grow with us as we both bid to become bigger and more successful. Then we sign the mega bucks deal with Adidas 

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The brand snob in me wanted Adidas or Nike (even after the way they treated us) but we’d just be another name in their portfolio with as things currently stand.

The hipster in me wanted New Balance and initially was disappointed with Castore but now it’s announced I’m over it and at least we have someone whom will grow with us as we both bid to become bigger and more successful. Then we sign the mega bucks deal with Adidas 

We will never have Adidas - conflict of interest as Nassef is a shareholder. 

**** July for home kit and the months (plural) for away and then third kit? Oh and that’s not purchase the kit it’s ‘get a glimpse of’. Wtaf lol. Joke of a club at times. 

We know what the kits look like but need to wait a month to see it properly? What about a release date to purchase it? Good Lord lol. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

My god Villa Twitter is insufferable sometimes, we now have fans moaning 'oh it's not being released until July, don't they want to make money' 🤦‍♂️🤣

What it actually says is the below (just a snippet) or see link  https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/31/aston-villa-and-castore-sign-landmark-multi-year-partnership--/

'The new home kit will be unveiled ahead of Villa’s pre-season tour to Australia in July'

So what I read is, yes it's going to be unveiled before our Tour of Australia which is in July, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a July release, just that it's before. I mean June is before our tour of Australia in July  🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, floody555 said:

My god Villa Twitter is insufferable sometimes, we now have fans moaning 'oh it's not being released until July, don't they want to make money' 🤦‍♂️🤣

What it actually says is the below (just a snippet) or see link  https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/31/aston-villa-and-castore-sign-landmark-multi-year-partnership--/

'The new home kit will be unveiled ahead of Villa’s pre-season tour to Australia in July'

So what I read is, yes it's going to be unveiled before our Tour of Australia which is in July, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a July release, just that it's before. I mean June is before our tour of Australia in July  🤷‍♂️

VT today

giphy.gif

• Haha 1