Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Raise ticket prices and then introduce a kit supplier notoriously famous for supplying absolute crap kits. They really spoiling us this year.

Please don't take this personally but is there anything you do like. Asking for a scouse mate

1 hour ago, floody555 said:

My god Villa Twitter is insufferable sometimes, we now have fans moaning 'oh it's not being released until July, don't they want to make money' 🤦‍♂️🤣

What it actually says is the below (just a snippet) or see link  https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/31/aston-villa-and-castore-sign-landmark-multi-year-partnership--/

'The new home kit will be unveiled ahead of Villa’s pre-season tour to Australia in July'

So what I read is, yes it's going to be unveiled before our Tour of Australia which is in July, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a July release, just that it's before. I mean June is before our tour of Australia in July  🤷‍♂️

Whilst you make a valid point, the fact they haven't given a date means they're not confident exactly when it will be. Why they don't know that at this stage is a bit of a joke. 

Maybe they're expecting another big signing and want to do the reveal at the same time, although probably unlikely.

With Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City kits already available in their club shops to buy,  it shows how far behind we are on this front.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Whilst you make a valid point, the fact they haven't given a date means they're not confident exactly when it will be. Why they don't know that at this stage is a bit of a joke. 

Maybe they're expecting another big signing and want to do the reveal at the same time, although probably unlikely.

With Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City kits already available in their club shops to buy,  it shows how far behind we are on this front.

Does it really matter though ? There could be all sorts of reasons they haven’t got the date you. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does it really matter though ? There could be all sorts of reasons they haven’t got the date you. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal. 

Lost income, lost exposure... There's probably a few reasons the biggest clubs do it so early, and it's not just vanity.

It's not the be all and end all, no,  but it is something we've consistently not improved on. 

Edit: just realised you were talking about the date not being known, rather than being late... the fact it isn't known implies its more than a couple of weeks off. If they unveil it before mid June I'll be (very pleasantly) surprised.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Walmley_Villa said:

We will never have Adidas - conflict of interest as Nassef is a shareholder. 

Why does it matter that there is a conflict of interest? We're not obliged to tender the work.

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Those clubs you mentioned aren't changing kit supplier (don't shoot me if I'm wrong) plus not to mention they'll be the flagship partners for their brand. Just because we're Aston Villa, doesn't automatically give us the same right.

13 minutes ago, floody555 said:

Those clubs you mentioned aren't changing kit supplier (don't shoot me if I'm wrong) plus not to mention they'll be the flagship partners for their brand. Just because we're Aston Villa, doesn't automatically give us the same right.

Agreed,  it's not a right, but it is something we should aim for. The new supplier angle is a bit of a weak argument though.  Kappa contract ended,  new partnership announced. Nothing says they couldn't have launched the kit today if they wanted to... it appears though that we are delaying for whatever reason.

Like I said, could be to coincide with the unveiling of a big signing, maybe they want to wait till all our new signings are in the country and can be at a big collective presentation of the kit when its launched at the ground.

Stand by my comments that this is an area we can get significantly better at. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Genuine question.

Why is it reported by Villa as a "landmark" deal?

What's so landmark about it?

In theory due to football inflation every shirt deal we sign should be our biggest

For castore we're the biggest club they've done a deal with

Spoiler

:trollface: I'm sure that won't be debated by rangers, Newcastle and even wolves fans

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, floody555 said:

What it actually says is the below (just a snippet) or see link  https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/31/aston-villa-and-castore-sign-landmark-multi-year-partnership--/

'The new home kit will be unveiled ahead of Villa’s pre-season tour to Australia in July'

So what I read is, yes it's going to be unveiled before our Tour of Australia which is in July, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a July release, just that it's before. I mean June is before our tour of Australia in July  🤷‍♂️

It's an interesting take - I read it as the club will show it to us before the Australia tour, but it won't be on sale until afterward - so the end of July at the earliest. That's poor to be honest - the supporters group raised the release dates for kit as something that concerns supporters last year.

The season starts on 6th August which means we'll likely have the kit on sale for not much more than a week and a half before we're underway - there's the potential for that to cause a bottleneck and for us to have issues of supply again. It just seems unnecessary. 

Arsenal and Liverpool both had their home kits for next season on sale on the 19th May.

Personally I'd like to see the club putting kits on sale each year on 1st June - it'd let fans buy shirts to wear on holiday - why we wait until the edge of the new season is an absolute mystery to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

A question for @NurembergVillan but how on earth have Castore gone from a start up to supplying half of the Premier League in what seems like 2-3 years?

Much of the story about the founders, the Beahon brothers, is that they were almost elite athletes (I believe in tennis and football).  The part that you don't hear so much is that they were investment bankers at the point they set the brand up.

Very early on they got some big investment from the husband of Net-a-Porter founder Natalie Massenet and a former M+C Saatchi (or Saatchi & Saatchi, I dunno) CEO.  I think they've had a couple more funding rounds since that have raised a lot of capital.

There's been a lot of talk in the industry that Mike Ashley is somewhere in the shadows - even before they signed up with Rangers and Newcastle as their first teams - to the extent that they've denied it a few times.  It's got a lot of the hallmarks of an Ashley project though.

They were founded in 2016 (or at least launched then) and have spread their wings VERY quickly. It feels like they're loading it up with sports marketing assets and collaborations with a view to selling it and letting the new owners keep what they like and drop what they don't.

Cricket, tennis (Andy Murray got paid AND got equity), football, motorsport - they've a lot going on.  The team has grown massively and they've moved from Liverpool to Manchester.

Servicing so many teams and athletes across so many sports is a huge undertaking though - probably big enough to warrant a team the size of the whole company at the moment.

I'd hope neither the assets nor the in-house staff are left feeling like the brand has bitten off more than it can chew.

• Thanks 2