Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Didn't we do something very similar with Barkley only last season?

Coutinho is probably on 4 times what Barkley was earning? Wouldn't it cost us upwards of 5-6 million to pay his wages for half a season?

Even just in financial terms we could invest that in a way that we could later get a return I would think, we've been doing well buying lots of young talent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A fair comparison looking at highlights from this season rather than previous years. Still bloody exciting . And he wants to be playing for the World Cup. 

Impressive that they managed to even make a highlight video considering he only played 608 minutes of football in total during 2021.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Does he play left wing or central attacking midfield?

CAM but drifts left (or I suppose, left and drifts Central).

He's Probably ideal for our set up to be fair.

I'm not sold on it but could be like adding Jack(although very different players) back into the mix. In the way he drifts out and will want to cut back in, very different but think he could suit Gerrard's narrow-10 system well.

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

CAM but drifts left. Probably ideal for our set up to be fair. I'm not sold on it but could be like adding Jack(although very different players) back into the mix. In the way he drifts out and will want to cut back in, very different but think he could suit Gerrard's narrow-10 system well.

so would replace Bailey in the team?

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

If it costs us, say, £6m in wages its worth it on the economic benefits and media exposure he would bring alone. 

If he plays a big part in getting us a few places further up the table than we otherwise might have done then yes. if he comes and is half arsed and doesn't give monkeys whilst being on vastly more money than anyone else in the shirt it could be disruptive and fail.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

This is like when Jouhino was supposed to join us back in the 90s.

Juninho was still in his prime and form - and this is only a loan - don't think this is a similar move myself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If it costs us, say, £6m in wages its worth it on the economic benefits and media exposure he would bring alone. 

Our main shirt sponsorship, our kit maker and our sleeve sponsorship all expire this summer.   

Gerrard and Coutinho's wages might just pay for itself with increased sponsorship revenue due to the extra exposure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

This would be going against everything we've been doing for a few years. Surely must be bullshit.

We have a new manager mate 😉 there maybe some slight adjustments to what we have done the last few years

• Like 1

Â