Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I'm not convinced this one is a good idea. Similar vibes to James Rodriguez to Everton?

He's not as injury prone as James, and even that deal worked out pretty well before Rafa. He was easily their best player when fit and had them in the top 4 when he was playing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I'm not convinced this one is a good idea. Similar vibes to James Rodriguez to Everton?

Not really, Rodriguez hated playing in the PL whilst Coutinho had his longest, most successful spell in this league. 

Edited by villarule123

I mean it's a loan right? What's the worst that can happen?

If he's not very good we don't have to play him and we lose a bit of cash, been there done that with Drinkwater and Barkley already.

If we want to have next level players, to begin with at least, we are going to have to take some risks. This feels like a reasonably sensible risk to me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Coutinho was truly amazing at Liverpool. Rodriguez had a good World Cup and that was really about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m hearing United and Liverpool fans saying wish they were signing him yet reading Villa fans against it. 

It’s a funny old game. 

Liverpool fans actually hate him

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Not really, Rodriguez hated playing in the PL whilst Coutinho had his longest, most successful spell in this league. 

not to mention the fact that this is a loan deal with an option to buy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Mentions of an option to buy now… would be a lot of money to buy him! 

Possibly, Barca are bound to buy another player that they can’t afford so will want him off the books asap

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

We've got a new head coach, but the football director and the rest of the structure didn't change, can't really see why we'd suddenly change our way of doing things for Gerrard?

I can.

Gerrard:

"Errrr, Mr Purslow, you know how much you love me, can we have.......". 😂

• Haha 1

Problem for me with the signing is not just the player who i think is finished but its everything the club were trying to go against and bang we are back ti square one. 

Its a slap in the face really

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sky are appalled and baffled that we might be the team that he goes to.

In the summer, I think Barca might be willing to let him go for a nominal fee in order to get that last £19m off the wage bill. I think he'd take a three year deal on £200k a week and I think that could be within our budget. I'd love to see this one happen, if only because it might start to change the way people think about us.

Exactly this despite how well run we are and the ambition we’ve been showing nobody outside of villa can get their heads around it

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Mentions of an option to buy now… would be a lot of money to buy him! 

I doubt it as he'd be into his final year. They'd have about 25m of amortisation left on his fee plus his 380k wages. 

I can't see if he's successful at Villa why he wouldn't join a Champions League team. If he's not he'd go back to Barcelona

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We've got a new head coach, but the football director and the rest of the structure didn't change, can't really see why we'd suddenly change our way of doing things for Gerrard?

Seriously?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sky are appalled and baffled that we might be the team that he goes to.

In the summer, I think Barca might be willing to let him go for a nominal fee in order to get that last £19m off the wage bill. I think he'd take a three year deal on £200k a week and I think that could be within our budget. I'd love to see this one happen, if only because it might start to change the way people think about us.

Just another reason to love the idea.

Â