Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I can understand why some are hesitant about the prospect of signing him but it really is a no brainer if we've put an option to buy in the deal too. He's either rubbish and we forget he exists or he's great and we buy him. 

Doesn't mean we can't also continue looking for young talent at same time. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

BREAKING NEWS ON SSN!!

"Coutinho will sign for a Premiership club this weekend, there are 5 clubs in the running"?

Yeah cheers SSN, with ya top secret info 🤔

My money is on Rangers

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Problem for me with the signing is not just the player who i think is finished but its everything the club were trying to go against and bang we are back ti square one. 

Its a slap in the face really

Slap in the face seriously ? We have one player aged 30 or over in our squad. We had 5 players under 20 on our bench with 3 of those always on the bench .  If you think he is finished fair enough but a slap in the face is a bit far surely ? 

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Cant believe they would add an option to buy tbh....they would be far more better off to have him on the open market after a shop window loan.

Yes but we wouldn’t be better off, it’s not all about what they want, they’re the desperate ones not us. This is the new AVFC not the clueless variety of clowns that have been running us previously and for way to long. We want to play with the big boys, so at some point we have to pay big money for big players. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but at some point a big signing has to happen. We just need to make sure it’s the right one. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

I can understand why some are hesitant about the prospect of signing him but it really is a no brainer if we've put an option to buy in the deal too. He's either rubbish and we forget he exists or he's great and we buy him. 

Doesn't mean we can't also continue looking for young talent at same time. 

Bruce grobblelar and Phil Neal next.

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Genuinely there was a story a couple of weeks back that Spurs had offered to take him from Barca permanently on a free transfer.

Doug Ellis would blush at that one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People who are upset and thinks it " goes against everything we are trying to do, and is not along with our policy " realise that Coutinho coming here to help now, doesn't mean we sell all the other young players we've signed and relinquish the Academy right?

These might just be experienced heads to help us in the now, while our own younger players get to develop, learn from some of the best and slowly get integrated into the team.

Exactly this. Look at the positive effect that Young has had on the squad. Experience is important.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Problem for me with the signing is not just the player who i think is finished but its everything the club were trying to go against and bang we are back ti square one. 

Its a slap in the face really

Couldn't agree more. Seems strategic thinking is a dirty word at villa these days. An ass covering move to make Stevie G look good.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People who are upset and thinks it " goes against everything we are trying to do, and is not along with our policy " realise that Coutinho ( for example ) coming here to help now, doesn't mean we sell all the other young players we've signed and relinquish the Academy right?

These might just be experienced heads to help us in the now, while our own younger players get to develop, learn from some of the best and slowly get integrated into the team.

How's chuks new contract looking ? 

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I genuinely can’t understand any negative vibes for this. Football is about excitement and anticipation. I will literally explode if we sign him! He is a top player, who may have lost his way but is young enough and has something to prove. He will also not want to let his mate SG down. This is huge.

Literally explode? It might be best if you cordoned off a pretty big safety area. I agree though, true of not it’s surely very exciting. 

• Haha 1

I’d wager Liverpool fans even now know a lot more about him than we do, and they’re all creaming themselves at the prospect he might go back to Pool. But nah, not Villa, not the transfer policy. 

Crazy

It’s also no risk in a finished season with an option to buy. It’s not like we suddenly just abandon all our youth. Not sure if anyone has noticed but all of our attacking midfield options are shite with the exception of Buendia. 

Could be a masterstroke. Could be a waste of time but if it is then nbd. Not every signing like this has to fall into the Micah Richards/ Ross Barkley category. Coutinho is a different kettle of fish 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People who are upset and thinks it " goes against everything we are trying to do, and is not along with our policy " realise that Coutinho ( for example ) coming here to help now, doesn't mean we sell all the other young players we've signed and relinquish the Academy right?

For me its the fact it seems the club or the first team department has completely lost the plot with the situation since the Grealish transfer starting with the Ings transfer and had been a mess of a season since then. 

Just now, Zatman said:

For me its the fact it seems the club or the first team department has completely lost the plot with the situation since the Grealish transfer starting with the Ings transfer and had been a mess of a season since then. 

Signing someone with a Liverpool and Barca past must be your worst nightmare!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I genuinely can’t understand any negative vibes for this. Football is about excitement and anticipation. I will literally explode if we sign him! He is a top player, who may have lost his way but is young enough and has something to prove. He will also not want to let his mate SG down. This is huge.

Must say the thought of that gives me some negative vibes.😬

Edited by briny_ear
  • Haha 1

Â