Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not a chance. 

I know I said the same thing with the Ashley Young link but come on really?

What do you mean really?

Coutinho has been on heavy decline the last 3 years. We're not getting the 2014 version if that is what you're thinking.

I would be very wary about this signing. The fact that he is willing to sign for us is a big indication how far he has declined as a player the last few years.

Have no idea what level he is at right now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

said in the transfer thread not for me personally, i would seriously question what frame of mind he would be in dropping down to us

i dont like the loan either, maybe we can throw a clause in and make it an extended trial but i dont think there will be much of a deal to be done, he'd be more than the £20m touted and we wouldnt be picking up half of his barca wages thats for sure, i struggle to him doing well and being a villa player next season or even being good enough to mean that we finish say 4 or 5 places higher

i agree with villalad, we could get anything including disagreeing with pieface he could be as bad as those 2!

in the other thread i likened him to eden hazard, would you take him or would you say he's finished and he'd rinse us for money? because thats how i feel about coutinho 

• Like 1

This could be a similar situation to Ross Barkley.

Coutinho obviously achieved more than Barkley but the similarities are there.

Peaking in their early 20's and then declining big after getting their big moves for whatever reason. Either it being down to injuries, off the field issues or other things.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Coutinho has been on heavy decline the last 3 years. We're not getting the 2014 version if that is what you're thinking.

What your claiming is demonstrably  untrue. Posted this in the transfer thread, from the 19/20 season. Observe: 

AD3C0FF2-7551-4F9C-A75F-B639FC724CE6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What do you mean really?

I would be very wary about this signing. The fact that he is willing to sign for us is a big indication how far he has declined as a player the last few years.

Have no idea what level he is at right now.

His wages would be insane.

Newcastle beckons.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

His wages would be insane.

Newcastle beckons.

Yep. Injury prone too.

I'd stay away. Glad it's only a loan.

Let's keep to our transfer strategy and not flip flop.

Keep signing decent players in their early 20's with potential to grow with us.

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If he's at 80% he brings something, if SG wants him I'd say he thinks he'll have more then that to give. Sort of and open the floodgates signing that puts us in the map, puts in to conversations that we currently are not in. I'm hoping said LB and DCM are mind blowing level too.

SG did say we would be excited.

Just pray it works if it happens, we do not want a Coutihno did.

He hasn't been at 80% for a long time though that's the issue

When he was at Liverpool the whole team was built around him, it's a little similar to grealish situation, struggled when wasn't main man, same when loaned out at Bayern. If he ends up here , he is main man again and would hope to see him at best

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

What your claiming is demonstrably  untrue. Posted this in the transfer thread, from the 19/20 season. Observe: 

AD3C0FF2-7551-4F9C-A75F-B639FC724CE6.jpeg

Tbf, quite a lot of people downplay Coutinho's performances as Bayern. Saying that he only performed against weaker teams or that he could only put up those numbers because he was playing in a team as superior as Bayern.

Â