Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

BREAKING NEWS ON SSN!!

"Coutinho will sign for a Premiership club this weekend, there are 5 clubs in the running"?

5 clubs?

So Villa, Newcastle... who are the other 3?

Levy will have offered a tenner and a bag of crisps.

Man Utd like random high profile players who won't fit into their team.

Anyone else?

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so Gerrard has no record of untapping talent. Should our scouting policy be sign players Gerrard played with as he can get the best out of them? 

Albert Riera is probably still playing and we should sell Watkins for Fernando Torres

He wasnt even a regular starter at Bayern

Only the 38 appearances and 11 goals and 14 assists for them in his loan spell. Disaster of a loan that was 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a loan isn’t it? What’s not to like about this signing??

My point exactly. 

I actually don't think Gerrard fancies anyone other than Buendia and Bailey in that no.10 role and there are still question marks about the formers consistency and the latters injury record. I think the club will look to move Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Traore on probably in the Summer and this acts as a stop gap until then. 

It suits us to bring him in to play and compete with Buendia and Bailey and then reassess our options in the Summer when we can trim the squad down and more players are available. You never know, he may love it here and want to stay on reduced wages 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

5 clubs?

So Villa, Newcastle... who are the other 3?

Levy will have offered a tenner and a bag of crisps.

Man Utd like random high profile players who won't fit into their team.

Anyone else?

Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, Everton and long shot of West Ham would be my bets

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

Your reaction against this is quite something! Do you dislike the player that much? 

Almost certainly, doesn’t think much of the manager either.

• Like 2

I’m excited by this but 100% get where the people that aren’t are coming from. It does scream of the James Rodriguez, Ross Barkley, Falcao type of big-name-but-actually-shit signing.

Def worth a punt I think but equally wouldn’t be stunned if it was a total failure. 

• Like 1

Â