Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Luiz was in Brazil too, Ollie is in the maldives

Archer was in the gym 💪

The game has changed somewhat hasn't it, you'd like to think they understand their health and fitness enough to know that they can take a week or two off, they can have a beer, they can go partying but the next day they need to flush it out of their system

There was a lot of players in the summer who looked like they took a PT with them on holiday including JJ and Chambers on holiday together still doing daily work outs

I don’t think we have many players that love to get shitfaced and photoed in Brothels anymore. I could be wrong about that.

Coutinho can still play a big part for us.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I feel he can succeed under UE, when he arrived he showed what he could do, we were having our only run of form under the previous regime. Then we faltered, negative tactics were employed, we gave up on trying to gain any control in periods of any match, PC was starved of the football, he came deeper and deeper for the ball, becoming more and more ineffectual until he was dropped.

He is a quite and shy person from what I know, he thrives on confidence and what ever he had left was drained out of him by the previous regime.

This might just sound too simplistic but he just needs to score a goal, that's it. He play in our FA cup tie and run amok.

A happy PC will make us look even better.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You get fined for taking your kids out of school 😳

I was thinking of that when the cameras showed those kids at the Welsh and England games, along with who could afford to take them to those games and why would they want to take them there?

• Like 1

On 23/11/2022 at 14:31, Davkaus said:

We don't know how long their break is, so I won't lose my shit, it might just be a few days. I'd hope it's no longer than that.We should absolutely be taking the opportunity to drill in what Emery wants into the majority of the squad and try to get the benefit of this time without matches so close to his appointment.

There's a lot of work to be getting on with.

I remember Unai saying the players would get a week off. Seems fair to me.

I know im slightly off topic but i think these days for the most part they are all proper professionals. They have access to facilities we cant imagine and still maintain a level of fitness even if taking a holiday. Paul mc Grath managed it doing alot worse lol.

It is an abnormal season too so the ususal expectations might not apply.

On 26/11/2022 at 14:24, John said:

I was thinking of that when the cameras showed those kids at the Welsh and England games, along with who could afford to take them to those games and why would they want to take them there?

Lots of expats in Qatar, probably locals rather than people that have travelled out there.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2022 at 06:24, John said:

All the very valid reasons for criticising Qatar don’t really come into the equation when choosing a place for a family holiday. Hot, sunny, extremely luxurious accommodation. If you can afford it lots of people will turn a blind eye to the morality of the place. It’s probably also very safe, particularly with the eyes of the world looking on. 

The morality of giving the World Cup to a country with zero football interest, zero human rights and with buckets of blood on it’s hands, so that it can wash those hands with a huge sporting event and all the positivity that can be gained whilst backed by people of vast wealth is the issue. People complain about human rights and are happy to wrap themselves in a cloak of morality when it suits them. Southgate claims he won’t be drawn into a “virtue signalling contest”, as he climbs off his knees. Not one significant country or person has made a proper protest once huge amounts of cash was waved in their face. 

80 years ago young men fought and gave their lives against overwhelming odds in the face of tyranny to defend the freedom that we now enjoy. Now once again in the desert we won’t even wear an armband when threatened with a booking. Take a knee not a pay cut. What’s the odds Southgate doesn’t end up managing in the Middle East if the feckless FA ever sack him? 

Apologies for being slightly off topic. I’m sure Philip Coutinho is a very nice man and can still be, under a proper coach, a great asset to us. 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2022 at 10:11, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we have many players that love to get shitfaced and photoed in Brothels anymore. I could be wrong about that.

Coutinho can still play a big part for us.

all that's wrong with the modern game IMP 

• Haha 2

On 27/10/2022 at 15:38, MikeMcKenna said:

I don’t think we should worry about Coutinho’s age. De Bruyne is 31, Fabihno is 29, Eriksen is 30 and Thiago is 31 and they are all playing at the top of the PL.

If Emery can make him click he could be one of the best midfielders in the England again.

For me, there is no doubt he has the talent, but he needs players around him, who can do the things he can't, like the ugly stuff.

He is a diamond......but like a ring, they have to be set in a cluster.

With the right players around him, PC can still be a real asset...

He is not a marathon runner, like Gallagher, or an all action all rounder like Bellingham.....but he is a game changer, in the right set up.

I am not sure Phil is a 90 minuter....as he will tire and become a passenger, but as a weapon in a squad, very much so.

Phil is also an easy target for the bully boys, all the more reason to have them negated, by one of our own.

Phil is a rare breed, like Solano or Le tissier, they are not employed to do the hard yards, they are piano players, not piano carriers.....deployed right, Phil can still feature in our games.

If anyone, will know this its Unai......If he doesn't fancy him, I will bow to his better judgement.

• Like 2

Â