Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 hours ago, Pinebro said:

So how do we get rid of this guy?

He is on a massive contract and it's a waste of wages that should be spent on up and coming players we can develop.

Think we are proper stuck with him honestly, it's a problem.

Just incredible how much damage Gerrard has done to the club.

He brought in Coutinho( which folk were pinching themselves) Kamara, Carlos, and Digne....all well respected quality, in a short space of time.

He failed to convince us.

but lets have some perspective on that failing,( if we want to continue referencing it) not just hyperbole......Most Managers we have had and failed, have added something.

We still have to see how Phil performs under our Elite Manager, that's if UE wants to pursue that opportunity....let's not be too hasty, in our conclusions.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's the best footballer at the club, regardless of salary/cost. 

Let's not forget that people.

I agree, although struggling this season with form, injury and bad strategies for Gerrard-ball...

Hopefully he can get back to his best under Emery.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree, although struggling this season with form, injury and bad strategies for Gerrard-ball...

i don’t think we’ll see his best but he’s a different player now to the one who was at Liverpool. 

As a second striker he imo would be a valuable asset. If only his teammates didn’t try assaulting the full backs when pulling the ball back. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

i don’t think we’ll see his best but he’s a different player now to the one who was at Liverpool. 

As a second striker he imo would be a valuable asset. If only his teammates didn’t try assaulting the full backs when pulling the ball back. 

He's a different player to the one who arrived with us, not just at Liverpool.

We need to get him back to his best, or move him on....my worry is, (in current form) he is too easy to negate or close down, but the talent, once that is overcome, is immense...he needs space to work his magic, and the players today, make it their business to deny it to us.

Only UE will know the answer to that, conundrum.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

He's a different player to the one who arrived with us, not just at Liverpool.

We need to get him back to his best, or move him on....my worry is, (in current form) he is too easy to negate or close down, but the talent, once that is overcome, is immense...he needs space to work his magic, and the players today, make it their business to deny it to us.

Only UE will know the answer to that, conundrum.

I think we'll find out soon enough, can't see him moving in January.  Games will be coming thick and fast in next few months so he should get plenty of opportunity to show what he can do, if not then chances are he'll move on in summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's the best footballer at the club, regardless of salary/cost. 

Let's not forget that people.

Says who! 2015?

He's not even second best Brazilian we have.

He can be a decent sub for us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He's been shite for a while before he came to us

On 25/08/2022 at 13:16, lapal_fan said:

Was/Is at his best when he has people running around him.  Ramsey last year got on the end of two, honestly wonderful passes which he put away really well.

We haven't seen that Ramsey for a while this season and McGinn doesn't play like that.

We need to get Bailey involved as his pace and movement will make space for him to thrive.  I'd put him and Buendia behind Ings/Watkins as a sole striker because it's a mix of technique and pace. 

I don't think we'll see it though. 

But as his peak at Liverpool, he had an energiser bunny in Suarez belting around him.  Watkins and Ings play as "selfish" number 9s.. They won't chase lanes down, they want to occupy the same space as Coutinho does.

He's a wonderful footballer and I hope we can see the best of him.  He's only 30, it's not all over for him.

Disagree about Watkins - he runs the channels non stop for the benefit of the team far from selfish.  I’m struggling to see a spot for him . 

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

2021/22

19 appearances, 5 goals, 3 assists, 5 big chances created.

Not s**** at all really.

For a club who is dominating every single game its pretty bad. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If rumours are to be believed, Emery is open to selling him, but I rather like the idea of our new manager getting a tune out him when the last one couldn't, despite him staking his reputation on being able to do so because they were mates and only he had the unique insights that could unlock those hidden talents.

Get him playing and It would be another two fingered salute flicked in the direction of coaching maestro, Stevie G. 

Edited by Lerner's Driver

I don't think his record for Barca or Bayern was that bad? 

He's only 30, he's got a lot left to give IMO. Lets see what Emery can do. 

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Those are his stats when he was with us on loan, we certainly didn't dominate every game.

Until teams figured him out and realized when you press him and is in his face he's got nothing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think his record for Barca or Bayern was that bad? 

He's only 30, he's got a lot left to give IMO. Lets see what Emery can do. 

Bayern record looks ok until you take out the 3 goals 2 assists in 1 game against Bremen. 

Â