Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

20 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I AM DONE WITH PHIL.

Luxury player. Doesn't work hard enough.

Even under Danks he was lazy.

There is no I in team.

ok mr. Vikernes what exactly has Philippe done to you? 

For me there are 3 things here that are good reasons for not writing PC off just yet (I know some of you are horny af to do so already, but hear me out...bro):

1) PC was playing really bloody well when he first joined us on loan from Barca and scored and created assists. No one was making any arguments that his legs were gone, he's lazy, he's shit etc back then, so maybe he's not as trash as you think? I mean ffs, he really isn't. PC seems a player that thrives by having options to pass and run around players. We basically never had available passing options under Gerrard and players were often isolated. He's not the biggest individual so this obviously did not suit him. In a better system with off ball movement that actually makes sense, I think that PC will thrive. 

2) All our players suffered under Gerrard so why not give PC the same benefit of the doubt as our other players? The only reason I can think of is the whole tired "he's mates with Gerrard" shtick, but that just reeks of schoolyard bs and by all indications PC seems a humble and timid individual so...like why? What exactly does it hurt to give him this benefit of the doubt? Lets maybe at least see him play under Emery ONE **** GAME before writing him off as irredeemable.

3) Right now he's injured. I play shite when I'm injured and I'm sure you do to. So does PC.

Edited by osmark86
le spelling oof
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we should give him time under Emery before writing him off.  The whole team struggled under Gerrard. 

Nah, this is VillaTalk, a player can be written off before he’s even got dressed in the morning. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

For me there are 3 things here that are good reasons for not writing PC off just yet (I know some of you are horny af to do so already, but here me out...bro):

1) PC was playing really bloody well when he first joined us on loan from Barca and scored and created assists. No one was making any arguments that his legs were gone, he's lazy, he's shit etc back then, so maybe he's not as trash as you think? I mean ffs, he really isn't. PC seems a player that thrives by having options to pass and run around players. We basically never had available passing options under Gerrard and players were often isolated. He's not the biggest individual so this obviously did not suit him. In a better system with off ball movement that actually makes sense, I think that PC will thrive. 

2) All our players suffered under Gerrard so why not give PC the same benefit of the doubt as our other players? The only reason I can think of is the whole tired "he's mates with Gerrard" shtick, but that just reaks of schoolyard bs and by all indications PC seems a humble and timid individual so...like why? What exactly does it hurt to give him this benefit of the doubt? Lets maybe at least see him play under Emery ONE **** GAME before writing him off as irredeemable.

3) Right now he's injured. I play shite when I'm injured and I'm sure you do to. So does PC.

No.1 was always said since he got linked

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Well maybe he'll be good in Emery's system. The playing field has moved and so should our preconceptions, don't you think?

They have but Coutinho cant move around the pitch anymore which is the biggest problem. Its also not something that you can rekindle through form

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have but Coutinho cant move around the pitch anymore which is the biggest problem. Its also not something that you can rekindle through form

I think we just disagree here. With more purposeful movement across the squad I don't even think this will be a cause for concern either. PC isn't a cripple.

Guess we'll see if he gets any minutes when he's back from injury. I'm mildly optimistic.

I think given his obvious technical talent and Uncle Unai's ability to coach the players into creating space for our attacking players he'll be far more effective and his attacking output will increase. I think there's going to be a lot of posters sounding like broken records in this thread now though until he's back on the pitch.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

For me there are 3 things here that are good reasons for not writing PC off just yet (I know some of you are horny af to do so already, but hear me out...bro):

2) All our players suffered under Gerrard so why not give PC the same benefit of the doubt as our other players? The only reason I can think of is the whole tired "he's mates with Gerrard" shtick, but that just reeks of schoolyard bs and by all indications PC seems a humble and timid individual so...like why? What exactly does it hurt to give him this benefit of the doubt? Lets maybe at least see him play under Emery ONE **** GAME before writing him off as irredeemable.

I play shite when I'm  not injured,  so I find it hard to empathise with talented people

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, osmark86 said:

ok mr. Vikernes what exactly has Philippe done to you? 

Annoyed me by his performances but most importantly his lack of effort and workrate which is inexcusable for any professional footballer.

Nothing personal against the guy.

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Annoyed me by his performances but most importantly his lack of effort and workrate which is inexcusable for any professional footballer.

In fairness, that was a criticism levelled  at several of our players under the previous  manager - looking disinterested, too  slow, too lightweight  etc etc. But for example the Bailey we saw in the last game  may as well have been a totally  different  player from Bailey under Gerrard. I'll  wait to see how PC is used and performs under Emery and hope for the best

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

In fairness, that was a criticism levelled  at several of our players under the previous  manager - looking disinterested, too  slow, too lightweight  etc etc. But for example the Bailey we saw in the last game  may as well have been a totally  different  player from Bailey under Gerrard. I'll  wait to see how PC is used and performs under Emery and hope for the best

Arsenal fans said the same about Ozil and give him a chance.

Ultimately they saw no change in him under Emery.

I think some players have the luxury player tag labeled at them for a reason.

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

And he could  turn out to be liel that. The situation is a little different and I don't  think he'll  be a millstone  in the same way.

Last time I saw him play properly was the Leeds game, which was a rubbish game where in my view he looked the most likely to make something happen (maybe that's  damning with faint praise). I don't think he's done done yet.

Most likely he won't  be a star for us, but if Emery can keep him happy with rotation and sub appearances, then he could give us something different when we need it. Who knows,  winner in a cup semi final from the bench somewhere down the line? Wouldn't  rule it out just yet 

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

yeah, but just give him a second chance like all other players under the new guy. if he's still shit after that, then fine you were right. until then, stay optimistic.

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Different player, different situation. I don't see the point in making the comparison.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

You're questioning his character that's the definition of personal

I believe he was told to play a certain way which made him look poor. I hope Emery can make him look good 

Just now, skarroki said:

You're questioning his character that's the definition of personal

I believe he was told to play a certain way which made him look poor. I hope Emery can make him look good 

He didn't look any better under Danks

Â