Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Coutinho was a better player in 2014.

Not today. It isn't even close.

That's just madness.
To say it isn't even close is just parody. 

Buendia may be the better fit with his pressing and work rate, but Coutinho is the best footballer at the club. 

17 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Because he isn’t. He’s quiet and humble. The exact opposite of what Ronaldo is.

You know you can be quiet and humble and still be lazy on the pitch right?

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That's just madness.

Buendia may be the better fit with his pressing and work rate, but Coutinho is the best footballer at the club. 

I'm yet to see this great footballer you are raving about.

I can count on one hand the amount of decent performances he's had. 

Coutinho is this and last season's Barkley.

If Ronaldinho joined us right now he'd be the best footballer at the club but most likely the worst player. Doesn't mean anything if you still have good technique if you're unable to put it into action. Buendia is clear as it stands.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

You know you can be quiet and humble and still be lazy on the pitch right?

I was referring to the “all about me type of player” aspect. I don’t think he’s lazy either though. I think his confidence is just destroyed and he’s a player that relies on confidence. There have definitely been plenty of frustrating games from him but there are also plenty of games to show he was arguably the hardest worker on the pitch, trying to make things happen. He just doesn’t have the legs to maintain that anymore

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Ronaldinho joined us right now he'd be the best footballer at the club but most likely the worst player. Doesn't mean anything if you still have good technique if you're unable to put it into action. Buendia is clear as it stands.

Clear at what? I'm yet to see Buendia actually have a genuinely great game for us (perhaps Everton aside last season). At least Coutinho has been the standout player in a handful of matches. Right now, Buendia is the weak link in our team. It's why so many of us are talking about signing a wide forward in the Jan window with pace and power. 
Buendia is too slow and weak to excel in this division. He gives the ball away far too much. Until I see him consistently retain possession and not be be pushed off the ball as easily as he is, I won't be of the opinion that he should start for us. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'm yet to see this great footballer you are raving about.

I can count on one hand the amount of decent performances he's had. 

Coutinho is this and last season's Barkley.

How many hands do you need to count the number of decent performances Emi has had?

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Clear at what? I'm yet to see Buendia actually have a genuinely great game for us (perhaps Everton aside last season). At least Coutinho has been the standout player in a handful of matches. Right now, Buendia is the weak link in our team. It's why so many of us are talking about signing a wide forward in the Jan window with pace and power. 
Buendia is too slow and weak to excel in this division. He gives the ball away far too much. Until I see him consistently retain possession and not be be pushed off the ball as easily as he is, I won't be of the opinion that he should start for us. 

Whatever Buendia is, Coutinho is just...worse? He's had 1 good game since March which was the last game of the season. Since then, Buendia has had 6x the amount of goal contributions in 300 less minutes played. Whether or not he's good or our weak link is another argument, but he's clear of Coutinho by whatever metric you can think of. No manager not named Stevie G would play Coutinho ahead of him right now.

Coutinho has been poor this season, we can all agree on that. Buedia is a harder worker but hardly setting the world on fire IMO. He has been the better than Phil though during this campaign. 

Last season, Coutinho's highs were far better than anything Buendia did. You could see the difference in ability. I just hope Unai can get that back. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He doesn’t come across as a all about me type of player tbh.

I don’t think it’s his personality that is the issue. He seems like a nice, humble guy.

But he simply isn’t a busy, pressing, hustling, tracking kind of player, and that’s probably what we want across the midfield and attack now.

• Like 2

Probably already been mentioned, but when PC arrived here his 1st handful of games he was an absolute menace. Scored, assisted did the lot. Then I think SG's "coaching" got into him like the rest of the squad, and he became ineffectual.

Basically I blame a poor coach and poor tactics for his indifferent season so far, whereas in an effective and functional system that Uncle Unai is getting us to play, he could be a real asset, especially in that wide left position.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Spoony said:

Considering he has trained hard, kept his head down and applied himself I’m surprised at the negativity he receives for poor form. There isn’t a single player who was performing under Gerrard. To suggest “his legs are gone” is insane as only a year ago he was absolutely tearing it up. Seems harsh to lambast the 5’8” attacking midfielder for failing to bring down hoofed balls from Mings, score diving headers from deep and poor Digne/Cash crosses, send through balls to the offside Watkins and chase after balls that whack McGinn on the arse whilst being surrounded by 3 defending players who have already been given the chance to regroup.

Just needs a chance and to build some confidence under a good manager in a good system. I reckon he can thrive under Emery. 

He wasnt really tearing it up though. He had a couple of very good games Leeds and Southampton when he got half of his goals/assists total. Rest of the time he was anonymous bar the odd moments like United/Spurs

Our best performance in the last 20 games or so under Gerrard was Burnley away and he was dropped

Edited by Zatman

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That's just madness.

He is the best technical footballer but his level is Eredivisie or MLS now hence why only his moronic mate was interested in a permanent deal

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Â