Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know what you’re getting at but that’s a stretch 

Which bit is a stretch? That Zaniolo is better than Coutinho today, in 2024 (obviously), or that Zaniolo 'isn't up to it' (debatable, depends what 'it' is I suppose)?

• Like 1

the unfortunate problem is that Coutinho can just not be relied upon, i dont believe he ever finished 90 minutes for villa. A real shame as he had some unbelievable performances in some of his short cameos. 

49 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

the unfortunate problem is that Coutinho can just not be relied upon, i dont believe he ever finished 90 minutes for villa. A real shame as he had some unbelievable performances in some of his short cameos. 

He actually had a pretty consistent run when he first joined, after that first international break between middle of Feb to middle of March he started every game and his minutes were 77, 90, 90 85, 80, 76, 90, 90.

He was never injured under Gerrard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

He actually had a pretty consistent run when he first joined, after that first international break between middle of Feb to middle of March he started every game and his minutes were 77, 90, 90 85, 80, 76, 90, 90.

It's only because most of us wanted buendia to play and the injury gods smited us!

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

useful thank you, definitely wasnt my perception.

I thought he was brilliant in that period and i was so pleased when we signed him. hindsight is amazing

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Little Phil might not be playing... But he sure looks content here!

Screenshot_20240331_184831_Instagram-min.jpg

I guess if you can't have your photo taken at Gas Street Basin, that's a close second. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â