Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

You might be right, but he should be given the chance to prove otherwise under Emery.

Depends what you mean by give him a chance. 

Bailey and Buendia gives Unai the energy and intensity required to play the counter pressing style.

We don't have 80 % possession in games for Coutinho to actually be useful. He is just a misfit in this system. 

Coutinho will get s backup role at best and I doubt he'll be content with that. 

And his age coupled with his wages it would be the best for both parties if we could move him on. 

Edited by Pinebro

17 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Disagree about Watkins - he runs the channels non stop for the benefit of the team far from selfish.  I’m struggling to see a spot for him . 

There is running and intelligent running......I like Ollie, but running the channels alone, is not enough....he has to have end product.

Some used to say Vassell was good at running the channels, and as noble as it is, we need more than that.

Back to Phil......we need to see him when he is fit and Unai works with him.

I have not given up on Phil.

It's amazing the ability football fans have for ignoring something that is staring them bang in the face.

He's finished. He's slower than a week in jail. He's not the best player at the club and he isn't creative. He was a sharp instinctive player that could get a yard and bang a goal. He can't get a yard anymore because he moves like Ross McCormack.

He doesn't fit in. He's not PL robust anymore. It's not going to work and he didn't leave Barca to try twice as hard to not get games for Villa.

It isn't going to work.

Nonsensical signing. Pay him up

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Swap deal for Messi. He'll want Emi's babies after Sunday, of he doesn't already for winning more with Argentina than ever before our hunk of loveable madman (aren't all great goalies a bit off their heads) came along. If Leo thinks winning with Argentina is high octane imagine finally winning us something after all these years? He can have his statue, after Unai and Emi's of course.

As for Coutinho. Played for a contract then went off the boil. Like god knows how many times I saw Hendroe do around contract renewal time.

5 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Swap deal for Messi. He'll want Emi's babies after Sunday, of he doesn't already for winning more with Argentina than ever before our hunk of loveable madman (aren't all great goalies a bit off their heads) came along. If Leo thinks winning with Argentina is high octane imagine finally winning us something after all these years? He can have his statue, after Unai and Emi's of course.

As for Coutinho. Played for a contract then went off the boil. Like god knows how many times I saw Hendroe do around contract renewal time.

A bit harsh as all reports say hes taken a massive wage cut. If he only wanted money hed stay at Barcelona and the go to some obscure league like mls or Saudi arabia 

• Like 1

I don't think he's completely forgotten how to play, if that was the case he wouldn't have looked like a genius in his first string of games here less than 12 months ago. He has played several games for Brazil in 2022. 

Like several other players who completely lost form under Gerrard, he needs to be given time under Emery.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Complete nonsense. He could have just stayed at Barca and be on double the wages.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Complete nonsense. He could have just stayed at Barca and be on double the wages.

Yep I don't think he played us. I think he saw the writing was on the wall towards his fading powers and he saw Villa as a chance to train at a consolidated effort and play football regularly but he's had the shock of his life. He's just not up to it anymore.

Gerrard was awful. The football was awful but it wasn't Gerrard's fault Coutinho couldn't gain a half a yard on even the most turgid of footballers.

It's awful watching him. This is why old pros go to poor league's.

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You forgot Manure and Citeh too...

And that's virtually the only games he's really contributed to anything, because if he isn't scoring or assisting it very much feels like playing with 10 men.

Great on paper, but on the grass he's been as effective as el Ghazi if not less.

Hope Unai can get a tune out of him 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yep I don't think he played us. I think he saw the writing was on the wall towards his fading powers and he saw Villa as a chance to train at a consolidated effort and play football regularly but he's had the shock of his life. He's just not up to it anymore.

Gerrard was awful. The football was awful but it wasn't Gerrard's fault Coutinho couldn't gain a half a yard on even the most turgid of footballers.

It's awful watching him. This is why old pros go to poor league's.

He isn't that old though! He was 29 when he joined 😑

Â