Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

spacer.png

World class no.10

yeah cus other players in the "red zone" like Fabinho, Luiz, Bernardo Silva, Mount, Soucek etc are terrible players......

Maybe we should buy Che Adams because he's in the green section?

Or maybe we should sign McTominay as according to this he's good at it....

Maybe  we should see if Coutinho can perform under Emery, nearly all our players were s*** under Gerrard.

If Coutinho isnt good enough under Emery, im sure he will be offloaded pretty quick.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

spacer.png

World class no.10

Oh look a chart that focusses on the time when a player is out of form. We know he was out of form this season. We don't need a chat to tell us.

Here are his stats from last season per 90 

Philippe Coutinho Scouting Report for 2021-2022 Premier League | FBref.com

Top 20% in the league in progressive passes per 90. 

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

I don't understand, at this point in time, that people don't want to sit tight and let the world class manager decide who is and isn't good enough for the squad.  This isn't Steven gerrard any more.

I dont think Coutinho will come good again but like you if Emery wants to give him a chance then let him

• Like 2

I'm torn on this one, I've seen the poor performances but I've also seen him impact a game in ways that no other player (maybe Jack excluded). His highs are bigger than Buendias, the lack of consistency, particularly away from home makes you question him.

If Emery can get last seasons Coutinho, we'd be fools to let him go

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm torn on this one, I've seen the poor performances but I've also seen him impact a game in ways that no other player (maybe Jack excluded). His highs are bigger than Buendias, the lack of consistency, particularly away from home makes you question him.

If Emery can get last seasons Coutinho, we'd be fools to let him go

No need to be, he gets a clean slate like everyone else.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, blunther said:

I don't get the negativity. I remember how he looks levels above everyone else when he came last year. Ineffective under Gerrard this season... who wasn't? I'm excited to see what he can do when he's back!

Exactly.

He came in and looked ACE before Gerrard got his claws into him like he did with most off our other players who now all look great.

I have absolute faith that Emery can bring back that Coutinho we saw only less than 12 months ago. 

You know, the one who sparked all the debate about options to buy not being worth the paper they are (apparently not) written on and a bunch of people were literally wetting their beds because a top team were inevitably going to come in and snatch him from under our noses.

I mean, it was all a load of total bollocks because we had an option to buy, but nevertheless the discussion took place because he was looking so good and some people just didn't see him staying here.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 13:20, Zatman said:

They have but Coutinho cant move around the pitch anymore which is the biggest problem. Its also not something that you can rekindle through form

EXACTLY what people have been saying about Ings and like Ings it's absolute and total bollocks.  The man is only 30 years of age for gods sake.  He's got years and years on the likes of Ashely Young and Ronaldo and literally hundreds of other players you could mention.

Where has this theory that players are past it at 30 come from?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

EXACTLY what people have been saying about Ings and like Ings it's absolute and total bollocks.  The man is only 30 years of age for gods sake.  He's got years and years on the likes of Ashely Young and Ronaldo and literally hundreds of other players you could mention.

Where has this theory that players are past it at 30 come from?

I also remember the uproar when Young got a new contract, "he can't move", "not good enough" "we don't need a cheerleader" etc.. 

If Emery thinks he's good enough he will get game time, if not he's gone.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 14:14, Pinebro said:

Arsenal fans said the same about Ozil and give him a chance.

Ultimately they saw no change in him under Emery.

I think some players have the luxury player tag labeled at them for a reason.

Yeah, because that happened with 1 player that's going to happen with all other players, forever. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, because that happened with 1 player that's going to happen with all other players, forever. 

giphy.gif

Couthinho isn't he player he was.

He has lost pace, power and intensity.

There are similarities between him and Ozil.

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Couthinho isn't he player he was.

He has lost pace, power and intensity.

There are similarities between him and Ozil.

He had plenty of pace, power and intensity less than 12 months ago before Gerrard did Gerrard things.

How about give him a chance under a proper manager before coming to a conclusion like that?

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He had plenty of pace, power and intensity less than 12 months ago before Gerrard did Gerrard things.

How about give him a chance under a proper manager before coming to a conclusion like that?

Because I can see in a player who has lost the fire in their belly.

Would love to be proven wrong and watch him return to his Liverpool days but it ain't happening sadly.

Edited by Pinebro

Considering what Emery has done in the limited time he’s had with the squad, Coutinho deserves the same opportunity. I don’t expect to see the player who was at Liverpool, but if we get the 80-90% of that player, he’ll make us a better team.

• Like 4

Â