Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started to realise that, some peoples " Happy Place " is being unhappy about everything the club does, or potentially does. That's more bizarre to me.

Obviously not aimed at everyone, because some people have genuine concerns and express and explain them in a good way.

But I've started to notice a pattern with some to the point where it becomes hard to take them seriously as posters anymore.

Surely there is a name or term for this Fetish? Being happy about being unhappy?

Spastication? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If its between us and Liverpool signing him...   What are the reasons he chooses Villa over Liverpool?

He gets to play a lot more games and his new manager is someone he knows well and would probably trust to help get him back on track. 

• Like 1

Think this was first mooted a few days back and I thought No Way...

But if it's happening then perhaps he can galvanise those around him, think about our young players coming through and learning from Coutinho. It would be incredible for their development.

Coutinho needs to rejuvenate his career, Gerrard knows him well, this could be a good move.

His role could develop and adapt over the next couple of years if we sign him permanently.

29 is not old for a top footballer, Zlatan, Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani all still quality.

Don’t want to get too excited…

but even on loan, this signing would be a massive statement of intent and would show the kind of pull that Gerrard, Purslow and the club actually have to legitimately world class players who may have “fell by the wayside”…

Yay. Get it done.

It can't not work.  He'll either be great, which would be great.  He'll be OK which for £6 mill of money that isnt mine is OK. Or he'll be poor, but still raise the profile of the club and it's ambitions higher than the £6mill is going to cost.   

And I'm getting bored with no signings 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started to realise that, some peoples " Happy Place " is being unhappy about everything the club does, or potentially does. That's more bizarre to me.

Obviously not aimed at everyone, because some people have genuine concerns and express and explain them in a good way.

But I've started to notice a pattern with some to the point where it becomes hard to take them seriously as posters anymore.

Surely there is a name or term for this Fetish? Being happy about being unhappy?

It's like self-schadenfreude. Selfenfreude? I mean there's good old masochism if we're going down that route. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tell em JV, only one thing for them.........

See the source image

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I remember we were linked with him back in 2013 before he ended up going to Liverpool. Funny how things (might) work out.

Yup. We were linked with him and Moussa Sissoko but ended up with Yacouba Sylla and Simon Dawkins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Don't want to add to the excitement and I honestly think it's a bit of a stretch but we are mathematically still in the title race.

If we pull it off (fell free to insert Kenneth) I think we may even win the Champions League this season!

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Think this was first mooted a few days back and I thought No Way...

But if it's happening then perhaps he can galvanise those around him, think about our young players coming through and learning from Coutinho. It would be incredible for their development.

Coutinho needs to rejuvenate his career, Gerrard knows him well, this could be a good move.

His role could develop and adapt over the next couple of years if we sign him permanently.

29 is not old for a top footballer, Zlatan, Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani all still quality.

I'd be more in favour if we had an option to buy at a non stupid price once the loan ends. 29 isn't old nowadays really, potentially got 5+ top quality seasons in him. 

My worries mainly are in how expensive a failure it could turn out to be if it goes wrong. I'd be more inclined to use the money on 2 or 3 players that have the potential to be as good as coutinho, only one of them has to make it....

Just now, Bizzzle said:

People were creaming themselves on here when we were about to loan **** Barkley last season and yet turning their noses up at the idea of loaning Coutinho for 6 months. **** me haha unreal 

Maybe it's different people. Tbh, Barkley is exactly the type of haunting vision I have. I can see Coutinho coming here, looking world class for 5 games, and then something goes wrong, and by the end of his spell, all the fans hate him. That would be the Villa way.

Yes I'm a real fan. Let me be pessimistic ffs. I'd obviously love us to sign him, just being realistic, these don't always work out.

• Like 1

Â