Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Don't want to add to the excitement and I honestly think it's a bit of a stretch but we are mathematically still in the title race.

Premier League and FA Cup winners 21/22 sounds pretty good!

• Like 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

And btw, I completely get the point that it's risk-free for us. Could be a good transfer. Just got a suspicion he won't live up to expectations (which has been the story of the last few years of his career) and won't really help us progress to where we want to be.

Have all the people wanking themselves silly watched him at Barca?

Did you watch him at Bayern? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So huge investment in developing the academy, Nas basically (through his son I think), buying a feeder club, it appears that Wes is going to be involved in a new franchise across the pond and none of that in your opinion is strategic thinking? Do yourself a favour, don’t let your continuing hatred of SG eat you up and turn you against the club you love. He’s here now, enjoy the ride and hope him and therefore we are successful. UTV!!!! 

Never 

We are Aston villa. Not Liverpool v2.0

• Confused 2

Just now, ender4 said:

If its between us and Liverpool signing him...   What are the reasons he chooses Villa over Liverpool?

He'll play at villa, at liverpool he'll have mo, Mane, jota and probably firmino ahead of him. He's not going to be playing in the centre of midfield. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The option to buy is interesting. 

Ive never understood that. Does it mean we have to buy him if certain criteria is met?

Explanations please?!

I would think an option to buy means we can buy if the player and Villa are in favour of the move at the end of the loan period, a compulsory purchase after the loan would be more worrying as that mean we would have to buy for a certain fee regardless of if we were happy after the loan period. That is where that Turkish club went wrong with Samatta, they had to buy after his loan expired. I hope that makes sense.

On Coutinho himself, I don't know how I feel about this one. He was a great player for Liverpool but that was a fair number of years ago now, and I have been against buying players based on form from years and years ago in the past. We have been burnt badly in the past by this during the Lerner years I am think Stephen Ireland as one example. However, I am hoping that Gerrard knows the player well, knows he is hungry to play football again and knows how to make him tick to get the best from him. If this happens I am hoping he will have a similar impact to Lingaard at West Ham last season, but as this is Aston Villa it will probably be more like Borja Baston type impact.

If he has the right attitude and has recovered fully from that ruptured meniscus and operation he'll be a good addition for us. Not value for money perhaps but a big name that will sell some shirts and get us some media time.

All about what state he's in and the financial side of it. No idea about either of those things yet.

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Seriously?

I'd hope that everything we'd set up off the pitch on the football side wouldn't just get thrown out when we change the head coach. The whole idea of the model we've put in place is that there's continuity even when you change the coach. Gerrard will definitely have a say on recruitment, he'll want players to build a squad for how he wants to play. Totally with that, dropping close to 300k+ a week for a 6 month loan signing and totally smashing our wage structure seems a bit at odds to what we've been doing and seemingly how we've been setting ourselves up for success.

Coutinho might come and be a roaring success, in which case he pays for himself I spose. Expensive risk to take though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started to realise that, some peoples " Happy Place " is being unhappy about everything the club does, or potentially does. That's more bizarre to me.

Obviously not aimed at everyone, because some people have genuine concerns and express and explain them in a good way.

But I've started to notice a pattern with some to the point where it becomes hard to take them seriously as posters anymore.

Surely there is a name or term for this Fetish? Being happy about being unhappy?

It's kind of like mental masochism isn't it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started to realise that, some peoples " Happy Place " is being unhappy about everything the club does, or potentially does. That's more bizarre to me.

Obviously not aimed at everyone, because some people have genuine concerns and express and explain them in a good way.

But I've started to notice a pattern with some to the point where it becomes hard to take them seriously as posters anymore.

Surely there is a name or term for this Fetish? Being happy about being unhappy?

Or are they really Villa fans? Jealous ‘other fans’ stirring the pot comes to mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yep, Morrissey.

• Haha 2

Â