Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I don't have a problem with it. Yes, it's not traditional, but he's using their social media to keep his profile in world football high which benefits Villa in the end. 

We're already seeing the recruitment benefits of having him as our manager. He's one of the best midfielders to ever play the game and it seems players want to be coached/managed by him as a result.

Gerrard showing up on way bigger social media accounts isn't a negative to me. He's a legend at Liverpool, and I think it's cool that Aston Villa allow him to do this. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WHY said:

Why would anyone mind it. He’s a Liverpool fan ffs. Hope they get smashed mind. 

Not just that, he’s their ex captain and talisman who won everything for the club (except the league) 

we have a genuine football legend managing our club not just an ex player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB_Villan said:

This sums it up for me perfectly, Someone may be able to, but I can't think of any other time a manager has done this for another club's media channel.

i can't think of a time where a club legend has been a PL manager at the same time said club he was a legend of has been in a CL final

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i can't think of a time where a club legend has been a PL manager at the same time said club he was a legend of has been in a CL final

Never seen Maradona do content for the likes of Napoli and Boca Juniors etc whilst managing elsewhere, for example?

Not that I " love it " but it doesn't bother me either, as it's not a secret.

What matters is how he acts whilst he's managing us, not what he does in spare time.

On that front, he deals with it brilliantly when confronted IMO.

I'm sure even the likes of JPA ( Not a manager of course ) and other ex players publicly support us even after moving on. Aside from Jack " Villa through and through " Grealish of course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

33 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Couldn’t give a toss as long as we finish in the top 7 next season.

True,
If we finish below 8th without much fight, then listen, its time to go

• Haha 1

I’m over it, I was a bit peeved when he did the video before the charity game a couple of months ago, but as rightly mentioned it’s what he does as our manager that counts.

One thing I will say though is that it doesn’t help him with regards to getting Liverpool related questions from journalists, which he generally is quite prickly about. This sort of stuff only helps fan those flames imo.

Anyway, we’re all Madrid tonight right? 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe he is there scouting? 😉

Crazy theory incoming! Gerrard has his Liverpool connections, Nas is a wealthy Egyptian businessman and wants a high profile Egyptian in the first team squad (see Mohammed Trezeguet), a certain forward playing in the final is entering the final year of his contract.

Welcome to VP Mo Salah 🤣

• Haha 1

He’s working on the side for BT Sport. No issue with it, you seen the cost of living crisis 😆; he loves Liverplop would never shy away from that. Put the work in to get 3 transfers over the line already, enjoy the final. This has got a big game European feel about it like it should have, what better way than to get the Villa gaffer on the panel looking the part with his stubble.

Hala Madrid

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

He’s talking about us isn’t he? This little speech about set backs and growing together.

I thought it was funny he was talking about signings :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s talking about us isn’t he? This little speech about set backs and growing together.

I felt like there was definitely a bit of that going on. Only time will tell I guess?

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Me neither, but last year our assistant manager's ex team, where he was a club legend, were in the Champions League Final and they won. 

Â