Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I wasn't exactly delighted with Steven Gerrard as manager, but fair play to the owners and him, he has identified the problems with the squad and gone out and got players that are next level to what we already have, backed in full by the owners. So no more excuses for poor performances, Aston Villa will be a force in the league next season, and if and when we are, then we will attract those players that are the level above. This is going to be some Summer, and next season we will be the one's to watch.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

I wasn't exactly delighted with Steven Gerrard as manager, but fair play to the owners and him, he has identified the problems with the squad and gone out and got players that are next level to what we already have, backed in full by the owners. So no more excuses for poor performances, Aston Villa will be a force in the league next season, and if and when we are, then we will attract those players that are the level above. This is going to be some Summer, and next season we will be the one's to watch.

Let’s hope so… it’s already looking promising though. 

On 26/05/2022 at 11:12, Risso said:

It's pretty poor, but the tabe above is a bit misleading. Norwich didn't drop many points from winning positions, because they hardly ever scored and therefore rarely took the lead.

That’s a good point and you’ve found a positive out of what looks like a shocking stat. 

I like your style.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

A bit confused by what Simon thinks. Lol

He starts off suggesting, he's not under pressure, because newly promoted Championship clubs will spend more than the figure ( And trading we will do )?

However then says, he will be under pressure from the owners?

Anyway, yes there will 100 percent be " pressure " , and rightly so!

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So SJ is saying that Gerrard will be judged after next season and that he needs to get Villa into the top half of the table. Sounds like a reasonable argument, much better to suggesting Gerrard should go or be judged on Aug 6th

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He starts off suggesting, he's not under pressure, because newly promoted Championship clubs will spend more than the figure ( And trading we will do )?

He is saying that he wont be judged on the transfers or the net spend but mainly on our results next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He did come ac ross a little confused. However, it is clear from the interview that none of the 3 think Villa will be involved in a relegation battle and top half and pushing for Europe is where they expect us to be. That's a real sign that we are doing something right. I like the transfers so far but I would love to see us take in 60m+ in sales too. Targett, Traore, Luiz, and Mings could bring in some good revenue and allow us to invest in a few more players with real quality. We had a net positive transfer spend last season, it would be great to be there or there abouts again this season. It would put us in a commanding position for the following year to add a worldie striker to push for a Championship spot

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Jordan chap is like that kid in high school that thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Wtf is he talking about. Does he think Kamara was not a major economic investment by the club? Signing on fee, wages? Also what's the point in reiterating that Carlos is 29? What does that have to do with finances? If anything, it means we aren't expecting much return on investment when he moves on.

Also yeah we spent £43m so far, which I imagine is £43m more than most other teams, so we are ahead of the curve even financially. Dude's just feeling himself because he's the smartest guy in a room that contains Martin Keown.

40 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That Jordan chap is like that kid in high school that thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Wtf is he talking about. Does he think Kamara was not a major economic investment by the club? Signing on fee, wages? Also what's the point in reiterating that Carlos is 29? What does that have to do with finances? If anything, it means we aren't expecting much return on investment when he moves on.

Also yeah we spent £43m so far, which I imagine is £43m more than most other teams, so we are ahead of the curve even financially. Dude's just feeling himself because he's the smartest guy in a room that contains Martin Keown.

He likes the sound of his own voice, so much so he still started a debate with Keown about the quality and role of a modern CB, which just may be the one topic possible that Keown actually has a better knowledge and understanding of 🤣

• Like 1

he's been photographed in Paris for the UCL final tommorow night, so i reckon transfer activity will slow until next week now. Although, with the Carlos deal done and him presumably saying to Lange and co to get Tarkowski in if possible, maybe he dosen't need to be here to get this stuff done. presumably he has indicated that he wants these players and they will go out and make the necessary calls/contact.

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

he's been photographed in Paris for the UCL final tommorow night, so i reckon transfer activity will slow until next week now. Although, with the Carlos deal done and him presumably saying to Lange and co to get Tarkowski in if possible, maybe he dosen't need to be here to get this stuff done. presumably he has indicated that he wants these players and they will go out and make the necessary calls/contact.

Nah, he's just tying up the Benzema deal. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

No signings today FFS, renewed my season ticket in good faith earlier 

GERRARD OUT 

PURSLOW OUT 

LANGE OUT 

NSWE OUT 

SACK THE BOARD 

What about Doris the lady?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also massively assumed we won’t spend anymore!!

My big worry with Gerrard is he'd bomb out promising youngsters and stop signing younger potential in favour of more expensive older players.

The Kamara signing and his work with Ramsey, Chuk, Iroegbunam, etc suggests otherwise, and I feel like even if Gerrard doesn't turn out to be the right manager long term, he'll leave the club in better condition than when he joined.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

What about Doris the lady?

She’s already been replaced by Deidre from Liverpool. She’s past her prime and can barely move these days but she has bags of experience and makes a mean Victoria Sponge. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â