Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

My big worry with Gerrard is he'd bomb out promising youngsters and stop signing younger potential in favour of more expensive older players.

The Kamara signing and his work with Ramsey, Chuk, Iroegbunam, etc suggests otherwise, and I feel like even if Gerrard doesn't turn out to be the right manager long term, he'll leave the club in better condition than when he joined.

I think this is more consequence of those in management and decision making higher up than Gerrard, and that will hold us in great shape for a time to come.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just posting cause i know it'll make a few on here foam at the mouth 😆 

Couldn't give a toss.

I think he's going to be on BT's coverage so I'm interested if they'll talk about Villa at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just posting cause i know it'll make a few on here foam at the mouth 😆 

48DACFB5-A8C4-4A8C-9B83-13DCE76707E4.gif.277c4ada39478b9841013ad78b9b7f15.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Not an issue at all. I think issue last time is we were in poor form then continued to be in poor form and he was at Liverpool training ground instead of our own

Was no issue him playing the charity match either

Right end of the wrong stick there ZM in my opinion. It wasnt a situation of missing training to be there. And we have plenty of coaches to give the messages needed while he was apppearing in a charity game. 

But the night before we played Watford start of the season Deano took all of his coaching staff to the Brentford game. After a terrible pre season . And then we saw the worst performance of the season against Watford. That was when i got angry. I was shot down by a few on here though . Still believe it was terrible management though . 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Right end of the wrong stick there ZM in my opinion. It wasnt a situation of missing training to be there. And we have plenty of coaches to give the messages needed while he was apppearing in a charity game. 

But the night before we played Watford start of the season Deano took all of his coaching staff to the Brentford game. After a terrible pre season . And then we saw the worst performance of the season against Watford. That was when i got angry. I was shot down by a few on here though . Still believe it was terrible management though . 

Pretty sure it was during an international break when he played the charity game anyway 

35 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

You'll be lucky if they talk about Villa even when it's us they are showing.

“Ex Liverpool legend leads his team out. Ex Liverpool legend Coutinho plays the ball to ex Liverpool legend Suarez who turns it to ex Liverpool striker Ings. The ball is cleared but only as far as, according to our sources, heavily linked to Liverpool Diego Costas, who in turn plays the ball to former Liverpool rival Lucas Digne.”

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

“Ex Liverpool legend leads his team out. Ex Liverpool legend Coutinho plays the ball to ex Liverpool legend Suarez who turns it to ex Liverpool striker Ings. The ball is cleared but only as far as, according to our sources, heavily linked to Liverpool Diego Costas, who in turn plays the ball to former Liverpool rival Lucas Digne.”

You forgot childhood Liverpool supporter Tyrone Mings. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Last seasons pre-season, that was an absolute shambles wasn’t it?!

14 minutes ago, KB_Villan said:

This sums it up for me perfectly, Someone may be able to, but I can't think of any other time a manager has done this for another club's media channel.

I’m sure it happens all the time.

Â