Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What did he say?

I'm watching on BEIN, so i've got Desailly, Richard Keye and Andy Gray. lol

Was asked something about klopp, his answer was something along the lines of success happens when everyone is aligned from top to bottom, you have great owners, klopp had a slow start with things not going his way before success and signings have to be right. Although he was officially talking about Liverpool, it was all sounding very familiar. 

• Like 1

Maybe flippant and not serious but he just said after this final he's "going away on holiday for three/four weeks".

Wonder if he's leaving the money men with a list of priorities for signings or some deals are already done...? Or it was just throwaway and not to be taken literally.

He's been really good all night. The sort of difference you expect from a manager to an ex-pro that just sits on TV panels.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i can't think of a time where a club legend has been a PL manager at the same time said club he was a legend of has been in a CL final

I think Steve Bruce /Mark Hughes managed in Premier League when United got to a Champions League final 

Maybe Keane and Robson too

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Steve Bruce /Mark Hughes managed in Premier League when United got to a Champions League final 

Maybe Keane and Robson too

Probably true. Regardless though, when I was seeing the bedwetting about this I hadn’t realised he was there *working as a pundit*. Of course he’d be doing little snippets of content! 

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Maybe flippant and not serious but he just said after this final he's "going away on holiday for three/four weeks".

Wonder if he's leaving the money men with a list of priorities for signings or some deals are already done...? Or it was just throwaway and not to be taken literally.

He's been really good all night. The sort of difference you expect from a manager to an ex-pro that just sits on TV panels.

I think getting 3 in before the window opened was key to him getting a holiday .  I am sure he will keep his phone on . 

And yes, when he talks you listen. So i can imagine thats the same in the dressing room. He commands respect. Just has something about him doesnt he . Even Rio defers to him at times . 

Villa's Newsnow is brimming with articles about Steven Gerrard's supposed opinions on all things Liverpool and whatnot. Getting slightly annoying. Oh well, ten new publications in the spam filter.

Â