8th Leicester 37 points

9th Villa 35 points

10th Wolves 35 points

11th Brighton 34 points

12th Brentford 34 points

13th Palace 33 points

14th West Ham 33 points

It was somewhat of a cluster.

Its acceptable. There was good, bad and ugly but the season was so fragmented for us for so many reasons. Its exciting having a squad like we do, and Gerrard can clearly attract a calibre of player that hopefully pushes us on in this league which is becoming more and more difficult to compete. We have to thank our lucky stars we arent just there to make up the numbers like many clubs, we are actually looking to compete. The quality of our squad is improving with each window. Emi Martinez, Lucas Digne, Coutinho, Diego Carlos, Leon Bailey, Emi Buendia, Danny Ings, Boubacar Kamara, etc.; These are top top players; its hard to believe we have them all at B6. Imagine we get them all in a structure that works, get them all in top form playing with confidence 🤤.

Our bench will be strong, the 5 subs could work in our favour next season. Absolutely vital we get off to a good start and see where the momentum takes us. A favourable start to the fixture list will do nicely please, corrupt PL overlords 🙏 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Over 27 games -

7th Man Utd 41 points

8th Leicester 37 points

9th Villa 35 points

10th Wolves 35 points

11th Brighton 34 points

12th Brentford 34 points

13th Palace 33 points

14th West Ham 33 points

15th Burnley 27 points

It was somewhat of a cluster between 8th and 14th.

So basically were only 2pts off being 14th in the Gerrard table. Hardly a glowing commendation of Gerrard's time at Villa is it! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

So basically were only 2pts off being 14th in the Gerrard table. Hardly a glowing commendation of Gerrard's time at Villa is it! 

I didn’t realise that so all the grief I got about talking about the poor form in 2022 and me being dismissed because we were 9th in his tenure is due to 2 points 😂

• Like 3

I think if I hear Gerrard was 9th again I think i might kill combust with laughter as if they give trophies for when Gerrard joined the Premier League trophy.

Its a pathetic answer when the table said 14th and he managed a large majority of our games playing a version Bruceball. Keep it tight and hope Coutinho can do something 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm excited about the future under Gerrard but I'm the same when it comes to hearing about that stupid table. 

Imagine how excited you'll be when I post the 2022/2023 new season table, and I make everyone realise that SG is 2nd and just 1 point off first.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think if I hear Gerrard was 9th again I think i might kill combust with laughter as if they give trophies for when Gerrard joined the Premier League trophy.

Its a pathetic answer when the table said 14th and he managed a large majority of our games playing a version Bruceball. Keep it tight and hope Coutinho can do something 

I think people will continue saying that sort of thing in defence of our manager while you keep repeating the same negative, anti Gerrard diatribe on an almost hourly basis. 

It is true though, 9th since he arrived. Perhaps you could get a picture with you, SG and the trophy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think people will continue saying that sort of thing in defence of our manager while you keep repeating the same negative, anti Gerrard diatribe on an almost hourly basis. 

It is true though, 9th since he arrived. Perhaps you could get a picture with you, SG and the trophy. 

Yes the bullshit i said repeated 🙄

The Gerrardistas in force, not seen such a weird cultish obsession  since Rafa managed Liverpool 

Edited by Zatman

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well, it's actually worse than that. Because his start was good. It was all the recent stuff where we especially stunk the place out with performance and results wasn't it? Certainly felt that way.

Hopefully Beale leaving can be some sort of catalyst.

His Villa tenure ostensibly starts in August. He had a nice trial run to properly understand his squad, what he needs, and impart some of his philosophy. A free hit of a season. Don't really care if he finished 9th or 14th in whatever table, it's really all the same. I hope the football improves first and foremost. He'll have the tools, I'm rooting for him. He's got most other things down at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well, it's actually worse than that. Because his start was good. It was all the recent stuff where we especially stunk the place out with performance and results wasn't it? Certainly felt that way.

Hopefully Beale leaving can be some sort of catalyst.

I was giving him benefit of doubt as I and a few others knew it was a new manager bounce but I didnt want to make it a thing as you cant debate Gerrard on here now so was trying to make it as little an issue as possible

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

His Villa tenure ostensibly starts in August. He had a nice trial run to properly understand his squad, what he needs, and impart some of his philosophy. A free hit of a season. Don't really care if he finished 9th or 14th in whatever table, it's really all the same. I hope the football improves first and foremost. He'll have the tools, I'm rooting for him. He's got most other things down at the moment.

Anything could happen to the football now with the main tactician gone. We’ll have to wait and see who SG hires as Beale’s replacement, and what football philosophy that person brings with him.

Â