Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Was the Bruce thread so toxic so quickly? It’s honestly startling reading some of these reactions 

We have higher expectations. In October 2016 we had won 4 league games in about 50 matches  under 3 different coaches and 2 owners, and hadn't won an away game for over a year. We were utterly shite.

Edited by The Fun Factory

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is there any evidence he turned down the barcodes?

Yeah I'd be interested to know this. Newcastle and Villa are similar big fan base through-the-roof expectations type clubs. I can't see why he'd turn them down and not us.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Rangers thanked Steven and his staff in their statement which indicates a yes 

Yes, Purslow hasn't said anything yet publicly, but 4 staff wanted. The obvious two, as well as performance analyst. The fourth will either be set piece coach or another of his analyst team

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m really encouraged by how highly the Rangers chairman speaks of him and his gratitude for the position Gerrard leaves Rangers in.

They've lost something like one of their last 54 league games. Irrespective of how poor the league is that takes a lot of discipline, motivation, focus etc.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

True but only one of those six got the level of negative reactions that Gerrard has.

I didn't expect it to be a popular. - but I am surprised just how unpopular this appointment is.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

True but only one of those six got the level of negative reactions that Gerrard has.

It's ridiculous really.

We love to judge before analysing end product and results at Villa don't we?

Dean Smith was the messiah and totally untouchable in the eyes of many despite a number of bad runs and no clue how to set up the team without Grealish fit or present.

Steven Gerrard comes in with some real cred from the SPL and lots of nice things being said about him elsewhere, and many have decided he's a shit hire before a ball has even been rolled out at Bodymoor, let alone kicked.

He may be great, he may be shite, he'll probably be somewhere in the middle.

Either way can we all please support him and his team?

Edited by est1874
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Where's Danny Murphy. The very first time I ever wanted to hear from him he has gone quiet

It must be tearing him apart.  He'll end up totally schizophrenic.

Edited by sidcow

Â