Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

34 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Wasn't my first choice but he has grown on me. I like the way the club acting swiftly in changing managers, very professional. Really excited to see the new Villa and it is great that he is bringing in his own backroom. Can't wait for Brighton

Whilst I don't share this level of enthusiasm I'm being positive about it

It could have been much worse

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Well, there we go. The most positive thing I'll say is that the owners had identified their man and got it done all very swiftly. 

He's the manager. Supporting the club becomes a little less joyful and I become a little more detached from football generally, but there we go. For all our sakes let's hope it goes well.

He's scouse mate, not a murderer. 

Sky love him and so we might just get a bit more fairer treatment from them going forward, who knows? 

Welcome to our new manager, he plays a similar style of football to our previous one, so hopefully it will be a seamless transition.

He may just bring that competitive edge that he had himself as a player and can only be a good thing for the club.

UTV.

Edited by QldVilla

39 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we also have to credit Purslow for going and getting the man they wanted, regardless of if we think it is the right man, Purslow and these guys get things done.

Agreed. 
He wouldn’t have been my choice but given that Gerrard turned down Newcastle, CP has obviously done well to get his man. 

I do hope fans now get behind him, it’s a small sample size but already some of the posts in this thread are pretty embarrassing. 

Fergie in May on the new Villa boss: "Oh, he's done magnificent," Ferguson told The Guardian. "He really has, both on and off the field". Nice to see Steve sees us as a step up from Glasgow Rangers, despite what the likes of Danny Murphy may have thought. Best of luck for the future at our great club, you are following a head coach that is one of our own, all we ask is that as Fergie put it, you be magnificent with us! This could be the start of something big.... 

image.jpeg.9d0ab77776dc6281806a7e55e496e8fa.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Agreed. 
He wouldn’t have been my choice but given that Gerrard turned down Newcastle, CP has obviously done well to get his man. 

I do hope fans now get behind him, it’s a small sample size but already some of the posts in this thread are pretty embarrassing. 

It would have been easy for him to have stayed in Scotland - won the league again and get CL. Respect that he buys into the ambition of the club 

Just now, HKP90 said:

What's the twunklegrump said now?

Danny saying Gerrard to be competing for Champions League  and European trophies and manage Liverpool. Saying their big clubs where we are too. Can’t stand him.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Gutted.

Sooner he's gone the better.

See, I can understand the low expectations,  and maybe even some of the dislike for him given his diving antics against us in the past... but what if he does well?  Still want him gone if he gets us top half this season and Europe next?

Â