Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

Eastie where are you reading Purslow has said this? Can't see anything publicly and not in the press release. 

Jim white read out a text from purslow which confirmed his backroom team was coming with him , as he was on his way into a premier league meeting 

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Funny thing is...Most the football world think it's a great appointment and fit for us. Seems to be only home fans getting wound up. It's a crazy crazy world. 

That’s because most of the world are extremely patronising when it comes to Villa.  

My Liverpool mate would have us signing, spearing, solanke,origi, penant, etc as they were great players and be perfecfor villa

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Him and McCallister are coming aren't they?  Not confirmed by AVFC yet but all the media outlets were reporting it.

I read an article that named McCallister as coming ..but it didn't mention Beale , which was what surprised me 

but  , I just saw an article by John Percy that says Beale is joining , so I think you are correct   

1 hour ago, kevpants said:

I'm depressed about this because I'm now older than the Villa manager for the first time. I was just about coming to terms with being older than all of the players, this is a new low.

Happened to me a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

What ? 

It's not really controversial. I'm saying he could fail at villa and still go on to get the Liverpool job at some point.

Ive not said anything about him being the worst in the PL in 2022 - or squandering millions in the transfer market.

You did say if he bombed at us he could still get the Pool job. He will be supported by the owners in the transfer windows so he will spend millions. Our owners and CEO are patient with managers and will give him some time. If it does come to him being sacked then we will have damn near close to the worst PL record in 2022. I can't see Liverpool taking him if he bombs with us

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Maybe a Korean fan can verify but I’m told he’s weirdly very popular amongst the ladies in Korea. Might be an angle there for some Korean support, and Korea is like the biggest deal right now 

North or South? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Jim white read out a text from purslow which confirmed his backroom team was coming with him , as he was on his way into a premier league meeting 

ah ok, was this on Jim Whites twitter? Not been on Sky Sports. Not that I doubt it's true. I think he will bring in 3/4

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is anyone else looking forward to the pained, twisted reaction of Danny Murphy as he tries to reconcile his support of his best mate with his hatred of this football club. 

Poor bloke, he'll be like a kid being asked to choose between his mom and his dad.

Bet he be praising him for keeping on the set piece coach if we do

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Not saying he did, but what league were Rangers in when he look over, what financial position were they in.

I'm not saying he's what Cruyff was to Barca  but surely you can admit that he has done a good job?

The same league? They backed Gerrard well tbf, financially. 

He's done OK but nothing more than several managers who have flopped in the prem have also achieved or surpassed.

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I went to Reading away on a Tuesday night. We hadn't won an away game for 15 months and we got a last minute penalty. Absolute scenes and  for me it was the start of the fight back.

I was also there, what a great night that was! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

True but only one of those six got the level of negative reactions that Gerrard has.

I think that’s because we keep getting told of the ambition of the owners and when one of their actions doesn’t match that it leads to disappointment and negative reaction.  We were at different places as a club in each of those appointments and maybe this is the most ambitious time as a Villa fan when recruiting a manager compared to those mentioned so expectation is much greater and likewise reaction will be stronger when it’s not met.

• Like 1

I just want to put this on record that this is a huge gamble and we shouldn’t be signing him.  The times i saw rangers v Celtic, they didn’t play that well.  

I really hope he does well because i support villa no matter what.  Will always be behind the team.

Anyway this is my ‘i told you so’ message and ill refer back to it when it goes pear shaped because in my opinion it will.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

You did say if he bombed at us he could still get the Pool job. He will be supported by the owners in the transfer windows so he will spend millions. Our owners and CEO are patient with managers and will give him some time. If it does come to him being sacked then we will have damn near close to the worst PL record in 2022. I can't see Liverpool taking him if he bombs with us

Ok fair enough.

I don't like the bloke and think he is wrong for us.

I've also said that I think he will start pretty well. He will get us bombing around at 100mph.

I don't think him failing with villa means the Liverpool job is gone for him. He could easily go back into a minor coaching role ( at Liverpool)  and then be promoted from within.

Â