Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Steven G will win me over much faster if he shut this talk down emphatically himself.

Good to see carragher saying in no way is gerrard looking at villa as a stepping stone - disrespectful to both gerrard and villa - he will be totally committed to success at villa - he’s 41 so plenty of time for Liverpool well into the future 

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

ah ok, was this on Jim Whites twitter? Not been on Sky Sports. Not that I doubt it's true. I think he will bring in 3/4

No was on TalkSPORT radio - he read it out from purslow - think will be available now on podcast and YouTube 

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Steven G will win me over much faster if he shut this talk down emphatically himself.

I think he will.

It's not a unanimously popular appointment. I don't think Stevie G will add to that by appearing to have an eye on the pool job 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I do think him using us as a “stepping stone” is perhaps totally immaterial. There isn’t a manager in the world (except perhaps Dean Smith) who wouldn’t leave us it Liverpool came calling.

Correct.

I wonder what would happen if Klopp quit Liverpool in the next few weeks. That would be hilarious !

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Having read all week about the importance of Michael Beale  , he doesn't seem to be part of the deal  and not coming ? 

Rangers website has thanked Steven "and his staff" and wished them every success in the future.

Can only assume this means Gerrard is bringing the whole team with him. So probably we are waiting to arrange compensation for our own coaches before letting them go and bringing his team in.

We’ve all got a role to play to try and ensure that this appointment is as successful as possible, in order to see our club start to move up the table, and long term realise its immense potential. That role starts now. Bitching and griping about wether this is the right appointment is pointless. He’s here, we should all wish him every success in the world. I for one am optimistic. Let’s be positive from now on.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think he will.

It's not a unanimously popular appointment. I don't think Stevie G will add to that by appearing to have an eye on the pool job 

Haven’t seen a single indication that he has one eye on the Liverpool job. Let’s at least stick to facts.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Simon Jordan is very critical of this, has said he hasnt left Rangers with a solid base for new manager to takeover 

Inset Alan Partridge shrugging gif.

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Underwhelming. Disappointed. Not my first choice. Has my full support.

out of interest who was?

like i said before part of my not really caring either way about this was that i didnt really get attached to anyone, no one stood out to me

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Maybe a Korean fan can verify but I’m told he’s weirdly very popular amongst the ladies in Korea. Might be an angle there for some Korean support, and Korea is like the biggest deal right now 

The club are releasing a new Stevie G sex toy and are targeting the Korean market. Kim Jong-un has ordered one for his wife for Christmas. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

Everyone knows he's going to end up at Liverpool, but that is only if he does a good job with villa, so that's extra motivation for him 

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in 60 years watching football, it’s that no one knows anything for certain.

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Good to see carragher saying in no way is gerrard looking at villa as a stepping stone - disrespectful to both gerrard and villa - he will be totally committed to success at villa - he’s 41 so plenty of time for Liverpool well into the future 

Good interview with Carrager i thought

• Like 1

Â