Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Zatman said:

Can people stop calling him a winner 😂😂

He has won 8 trophies in 23 years in the game. Its decent haul but he is not a serial winner. Nearly half of them were Carabao Cups. 

And via penalty shoot outs.

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It would have been easy for him to have stayed in Scotland - won the league again and get CL. Respect that he buys into the ambition of the club 

I'm not so sure they would have won the league this season, hence, his swift departure. 

on the poll - define "success"

win things and get europe? its swimming against the tide no matter who we get in, the jump we're trying to make is absolutely **** huge

do i think he will get us CL? no, dont anyone will if im honest, the PL is ****

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Can people stop calling him a winner 😂😂

He has won 8 trophies in 23 years in the game. Its decent haul but he is not a serial winner. Nearly half of them were Carabao Cups. 

I think it’s more the winning mentality. You can tell he’s hungry for it and would kill for it. Same can’t be said of most of our players. 

Lets face it he's only got the job because his best buddy is CEO.

When he turns out to be a colossal failure and gets laughed out of the club at the cost of us being relegated he can take Purslow with him.

Were any other candidates even interviewed or shortlisted?

Such short sightedness from the club this will only end in disaster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Wasn’t particularly sold on the appointment, but got to back him now. 

Excited to see what he can do with the likes of Carney, Ramsey Bros and Luiz. 

Welcome Stevie, please don’t be shit 

By your profile you live in that Scouse land ? ,  is so any reaction to his appointment up there as yet? 

Just now, AshVilla said:

When he turns out to be a colossal failure and gets laughed out of the club at the cost of us being relegated he can take Purslow with him.

And what if he doesn't?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

win things and get europe? its swimming against the tide no matter who we get in, the jump we're trying to make is absolutely **** huge

Cup run, play good football, blood some youngsters and have entertaining games. Just like the previous manager did 

Unless the owners back him with a blank cheque then i agree

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

wow...... just...... words fail me

• Like 1

How mad is football by the way. I'd have laughed my head off if you'd told me in January when we were in 6th or whatever it was with Smith and Grealish going strong that by the end of the year they'd be gone and Steven Gerrard would be Villa manager with a possible front three of Ings, Bailey and Buendia at his disposal, yet here we are.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I fear the aftermath of ever we do have to dismiss him.

Because one things sure. Stevie G won't be blamed .

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

How mad is football by the way. I'd have laughed my head off if you'd told me in January when we were in 6th or whatever it was with Smith and Grealish going strong that by the end of the year they'd be gone and Steven Gerrard would be Villa manager with a possible front three of Ings, Bailey and Buendia at his disposal, yet here we are.

Control what you can control and avoid unforced errors !

Just now, Indigo said:

madness isn't it

Also slightly ironic that Gerrard comes at a moment where seemingly all our players are back as well.

All be it our fitness levels are a joke, so he def needs to sort that first.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Absolutely. If youd told me a year ago after beating Liverpool 7 - 2 that Smith would be sacked, Grealish gone and Gerrard in charge! Its nuts

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Success would be to establish ourselves as a top 10 side and genuine contenders for the domestic cups.

Anything else would need a combination of a huge amount of money and luck.

• Like 1

Â