Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Haters gonna hate but some people need to get some perspective on this.

Wishing him to fail, which means the team we all luv fails, is just plain crazy… At this point if he does not succeed then the chances are we could end up being relegated so what would that achieve?!

I for one will be fully behind this appointment and believe that this new management team will be a success relative to where Villa currently are, so anything around 10th place would be a fantastic achievement. 

Welcome Steven and the team.  UTV

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Maybe a Korean fan can verify but I’m told he’s weirdly very popular amongst the ladies in Korea. Might be an angle there for some Korean support, and Korea is like the biggest deal right now 

Well I don't remember it being a thing when I lived there (2010-12).  They were far too caught up in Park Ji-Sung.  I would imagine Son has similar demi-god status there now.

Edited by Wainy316

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok fair enough.

I don't like the bloke and think he is wrong for us.

I've also said that I think he will start pretty well. He will get us bombing around at 100mph.

I don't think him failing with villa means the Liverpool job is gone for him. He could easily go back into a minor coaching role ( at Liverpool)  and then be promoted from within.

Possibly but I can't see Gerrard going to a lower level coaching role at Liverpool. he has tasted management and I think wouldn't want to step back down to the lower levels

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Losing will do that to you. Let's hope the new gaffer will turn that around. 

It’s not just the results, 6 months ago we had Dean and Jack, Villa men as Manager and Captain, we had an identity but now, I just don’t know who or what we are any more. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I went to Reading away on a Tuesday night. We hadn't won an away game for 15 months and we got a last minute penalty. Absolute scenes and  for me it was the start of the fight back.

I was there and will never forget that game....got a great picture of me and my lad celebrating by the players.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

out of interest who was?

like i said before part of my not really caring either way about this was that i didnt really get attached to anyone, no one stood out to me

Hassenhuttl ticked most boxes for me but beyond that I didn't have a huge preference for anyone.  It is a big risk but let's hope he can motivate the squad and give us a bounce before the January window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Same. But EVERY manager is a risk. It's arguably more important that he has the right coaches around him and he is the figurehead - in which case the risk is mitigated.

Can't disagree. My fingers are crossed this works out. A very different route to our usual choices so who knows. 

We now have a Head Coach who has a team of people around him that he has a lot of experience working with. I get the feeling that if we brought in someone like Fonseca we would be stuck with Danks and MacPhee around him.

Smith was hindered massively in the summer with most of his coaching team being replaced, so it's good that we aren't in that situation now.

Gerrard is clearly ambitious, and I doubt he takes any shit, so the board will (hopefully) move heaven and earth to keep him happy.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I didn't realise Jamie Carragher was such a Villa fan. Sky giving us a lot of coverage today

Carragher and Neville always speak highly of us tbf.  They were both loving it when we were first promoted back and getting to go to VP again.

• Like 4

Â