The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i don't get why people don't want gerrard?

Piece of piss league. Neil Lennon won leagues there. He’s made no dent in Europe where he has to really for his stock to go up. Don’t like his temperament . So yeah, all of that.

• Like 3

Just now, MaVilla said:

Who do you genuinely think we will get? (probably)

Honestly I don't know, neither about our owners nor football people, or about how attractive we are as a club to established bigger names.

I don't think we would be able to poach someone like Ten Hag or Christophe Galtier for example, maybe Peter Bosz from Lyon or Sampaoli from Marseille would be possible.

Said previously I hope we don't go for big name ex players like Gerrard or Lampard (or Terry :rolleyes:) as they are still learning the job. But at the same time I'd be very excited about that Salzburg kid Matthias Jaissle so go figure :D 

Think Germany might be the most interesting place to look for managers but there was such a massive turnaround there this summer so not sure those guys are up to moving again this soon.

Maybe Gerardo Seoane from Leverkusen could be a name we look at. Honestly I've no idea what to expect.

• Like 1

I have a feeling it'll be Fonseca. I'm personally not sure he's the right man, but would give him a chance (as I would most!)

I'd like to see what Favre would do. There would still be elements of risk there, though.

I wouldn't like either of Lampard or Gerrard. With the latter though I wonder how much is personal bias if I'm honest, but I don't think what he's done at Rangers means he'd necessarily be a success here.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Piece of piss league. Neil Lennon won leagues there. He’s made no dent in Europe where he has to really for his stock to go up. Don’t like his temperament . So yeah, all of that.

What’s his win percentage though?! 😈😈😈🍆🍆🍆💦💦💦

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 3

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

We have.

If it is who I've been told then I'll expect to see that coach to depart his current club in the following days.

one that's been mentioned or an out of the blue appointment?

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

For everyone suggesting Fonseca, have a read of some Roma fans' reflection on his time at the club...  Doesn't fill me full of confidence. Average reviews across the board, but the consensus is that he'll be successful somewhere else. 

https://www.chiesaditotti.com/2021/5/24/22436382/an-appreciation-for-paulo-fonsecas-time-with-roma

image.thumb.png.beeee9813534a541e839f945675ac98b.png

On the upside if he could get us Spinazzola in January that would be AWESOME.  The best player by a distance at Euro 2020.  I think Fonseca signed him for Roma.  Also some really good young players coming through the Roma ranks who could fit in nicely with the players coming through our own academy.

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He'd be phenomenal but there's no way he's leaving Italy before the World Cup.

I agreed It will be difficult to prize Mancini from Italy FA , but at least we should try. Never thought Everton could have gotten Ancelotti  last year too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

I agreed It will be difficult to prize Mancini from Italy FA , but at least we should try. Never thought Everton could have gotten Ancelotti  last year too. 

1 year to the world cup with Italy as euro champions

I don't think he'd leave for utd let alone us