The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

My mate is a rangers season ticket holder and worships the ground he walks on fwiw, I know he’s a clearing in the woods but if he’s a winning clearing in the woods I genuinely couldn’t care less. Hated terry before he came here and ended up loving the guy 

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Given my track record on here of personnel potentially joining us, I'm saying bugger all. 

What I will say, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with this guy if it is to be him, but I think a few on here will be against it.

He will need to hit the ground running.

Is he Austrian and wears snazzy white trainers on the touchline?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I would rather be relegated and watch Bruceball than have Gerrard, Lampard or Terry in charge. Would be a huge red flag

I was already sad with Smith leaving but thinking either of those three could take over scares me.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Gerrard would leave Rangers mid season, unless perhaps Liverpool came in for him.

Really? He manages in a nothing league and no one has any respect for anything he achieves there as it's basically meaningless when compared to managing in the PL.

I think he'd jump at the chance, unfortunately

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Could he continue with Italy until after the WC and do both jobs in the interim. International football is hardly a taxing full time job. For the right manager I would not have a problem with this. Its not like we will ever have a game on when there is an international on and most of our players would be on international duty anyway so they wouldn't miss training

this isn't football manager. it's impossible to do both jobs

you think PL managers are sat around with their trotters up during intl breaks? no they're working on the training ground with the players left (which is quite a few in our case) and scouting upcoming opposition videos etc

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would rather be relegated and watch Bruceball than have Gerrard, Lampard or Terry in charge. Would be a huge red flag

If we went for any of those, I would put money on our relegation this year. And I'd win. 

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Could he continue with Italy until after the WC and do both jobs in the interim. International football is hardly a taxing full time job. For the right manager I would not have a problem with this. Its not like we will ever have a game on when there is an international on and most of our players would be on international duty anyway so they wouldn't miss training

Not sure if there's precedent for it, not at this kind of level anyway 

I know you can do it on games but I can't remember it ever actually happening