The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Those guys are out of our reach. He can choose any job he want's and hold out while he waits. £15m salary a year and what not. But we will have to pay up if we want an established manager.

Who do you genuinely think we will get? (probably)

I will find it really difficult to cope with either Gerrard or Lampard as manager. The latter simply isn't good enough and as someone once mentioned if Gerrard was to even succeed he'd be top of a wishlist to replace Klopp who I can't see staying around forever. Not to mention I can't stand them as people either.

I hope we are better than this. Hassenhutl is an interesting one but I think it takes time to implement his methods, and he has his own faults such as conditioning of players and streakiness much like Dean. I'd be very concerned short term about him. 

For everyone suggesting Fonseca, have a read of some Roma fans' reflection on his time at the club...  Doesn't fill me full of confidence. Average reviews across the board, but the consensus is that he'll be successful somewhere else. 

https://www.chiesaditotti.com/2021/5/24/22436382/an-appreciation-for-paulo-fonsecas-time-with-roma

image.thumb.png.beeee9813534a541e839f945675ac98b.png

• Like 1

Favre would be my favourite, followed by Emery or a couple of the other European names that have been suggested. 

Really don't want Gerrard, Lampard or any of the British based names that come up. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Telegraph article mentions Hjulmand,Thomas Frank, and Fonseca, as well as Gerrard, and Hasenhüttl.

Hujulmand - dont see that being a good choice, international football is a different beast, and tbh, he may have taken Denmark to a semi, but look at Southgate, and i think Southgate is a terrible manager, not good.

Frank - raid Brentford mk.2?, cant see that being a good choice, smacks of a lack of imagination.

Fonseca - unsure.

Hasenhuttl - his record with Southampton is as bad as Deans at Villa, but is that a resources thing, rather than a management thing?

Edited by MaVilla