The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Given my track record on here of personnel potentially joining us, I'm saying bugger all. 

What I will say, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with this guy if it is to be him, but I think a few on here will be against it.

He will need to hit the ground running.

It’s Warnock isn’t it ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

I agree, would imagine he’d get the best from ings again and is used to deploying a 4-4-2 which at present is likely the best use of our current squad 

RH’s has a similar flaw to Smith, slow to react to the opposition changing things up.

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Could he continue with Italy until after the WC and do both jobs in the interim. International football is hardly a taxing full time job. For the right manager I would not have a problem with this. Its not like we will ever have a game on when there is an international on and most of our players would be on international duty anyway so they wouldn't miss training

Not sure if there's precedent for it, not at this kind of level anyway 

I know you can do it on games but I can't remember it ever actually happening 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would rather be relegated and watch Bruceball than have Gerrard, Lampard or Terry in charge. Would be a huge red flag

I wouldn't. I would prefer Gerard as manager and JT and Lamps coaches rather than get reglegated

• Like 3

I despise Gerrard, backdating to the Barry transfer fiasco. I'd be thinking about selling my season ticket if he became our manager. I'm well aware this post will probably come back to bite me on the arse one day. 

If you thought Houllier returning to Anfield with us ('I didn't mind us losing 3-0 to Liverpool') was bad, this will be thatx100

• Like 1

I do not want Gerrard. I spent so long hating Steve Bruce because I knew his style of football wasn't going to progress us, he made me hate watching Villa for ages.

I didn't hate Bruce when he joined even though I thought he was an awful manager. I hate Gerrard with a passion and I'm not prepared to see another Villa manager go to Anfield and have the home fans signing his name.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this isn't football manager. it's impossible to do both jobs

you think PL managers are sat around with their trotters up during intl breaks? no they're working on the training ground with the players left (which is quite a few in our case) and scouting upcoming opposition videos etc

Of course he could double job for the rest of the season. How many international breaks are, 2 or 3? and the majority of our 1st team would be away on intl duty and the coaches could cover. It is a suggested interim solution not a long term one. Managers that have managed club and country in the past include: Hiddink, Sir Alex,  Advocaat, Terim, Herrera, Rinus Michels and Slutsky.