The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

This hire HAS to be right.  Has to be.  This is a huge moment for NSWE et al....  I'll be honest I'm nervous.  You're inheriting a club that has lost its star player, brought in 3 relatively pricey players, 5 straight losses, looking dysfunctional and fragile....  not an easy task whatsoever.  

Yeah, this decision is the biggest decision since we employed Deano and he got us promoted, its a sliding doors moment for me.

• Like 3

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

I don’t think Brett Favre has a good understanding of English football.

He has managed extensively in Germany, just like Klopp didnt have PL experience and came from Germany.

Also, German football is probably the closest style of play to the PL, of all other leagues in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It would hurt the barcodes if we got Emery

Emery was a strange one, Newcastle pretty much announced it, then he pulled out. Wonder what the story was there? Maybe didn't like how they went to the press so early? 

Would be a good appointment I reckon

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

Since we're talking about fantasy managers, my choice would be to bring Sir Alex Ferguson out of retirement...  🤣

why not , if Everton manage to get Ancelloti ,( if even only a year unlucky because of Real Madrid) , you mean we are smaller than Everton ?

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Stepping stone to a job up the road if it works out well and a complete disaster if it doesn't

Yep, at best he gains noise for replacing klopp in 2 or 3 years

At worst... 

We don't get 5 successful years of climbing the table and pushing for things under gerrard

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i don't get why people don't want gerrard?

He has 2 years of managerial experience, all of which are at Rangers and hasn't done enough to prove he's ready for a step up to the Premier League.  

Just now, lexicon said:

Because he's an objectionable prick with very little managerial experience. Can't see what he'd offer us.

i think we need to accept that we're not going to like the new manager on a personal level based on who's just left. maybe we need a prick of a manager? was deano too nice?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think Hasenhüttl has done an underrated job at Southampton, their squad really isn't that good, does well just to keep them in the league.

Agreed, and his frustration at the team's budget was clear in the summer. If we want him, he'd come, just a question of if we're setting our sights higher.