The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I’ve a feeling this thread won’t be needed very long as an appointment will be made very quickly but this is the place for debating the names. Anyone who says Steve Bruce gets a 3 year VT ban. 😁

Only 3 years? Are the mods bottling it now?

• Haha 1

If we don't have somebody lined up I'll be furious.

But I can't see us being short sighted enough to sack Smith without someone else ready to step in. We've pursued other managers while Smith has been here, so I can't imagine we wouldn't have done so this time.

Could be a pivotal moment for the club. Do we get a genuinely progressive manager who can take us forward, or do we end up with the same old merry go round manager who will do nothing

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If we don't have somebody lined up I'll be furious.

But I can't see us being short sighted enough to sack Smith without someone else ready to step in. We've pursued other managers while Smith has been here, so I can't imagine we wouldn't have done so this time.

Could be a pivotal moment for the club. Do we get a genuinely progressive manager who can take us forward, or do we end up with the same old merry go round manager who will do nothing

Agreed. Very much a litmus test for the ambitions of the owners.

I'm not expecting Zidane, but some of the names that have floated around on here have horrified me. Lampard, Terry...anything along those lines and I'll be genuinely angry at them sacking Smith.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I've no idea tbh. I'd like Fonseca to be given a chance. I like the experience he has and I think his style of football would match the squad we have.

Potter would be my top pick if we could get him

Potter or Fonseca would be good for me too

• Like 1

I hope to god they've already got someone lined up. 

I am gutted it's not worked for Dean.  I really hoped he would be here for the long term and build a dynasty but something has gone wrong and that's not to be. 

Please please get this right now Villa. We don't want a Remi Garde walking through the door at this point. 

Just now, Zero7 said:

We were just waiting for warnock to become available….

just saying 🤪

I don't think so. I think the delay was getting the audio visual team to put together the highlights clip. That would have taken a bit of time 

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Emery? We might have a more clear plan for him than Newcastle. He’s had success everywhere but Arsenal and would have a point to prove. And would piss of Newcastle so there’s that. 

The fact that we didn't announce Shaky or anyone else as the interim manager gives me hope that we have a replacement close

• Like 3

I don't have a great deal of knowledge of foreign coaches so can't really pick out any left field possibilities. Having read up on a few that have been suggested, Favre would be interesting.

Domestically no one stands out.

My fear is Frank Lampard's stupid big face.