The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Oh you tease…. Give us a clue what you’ve heard?

Given my track record on here of personnel potentially joining us, I'm saying bugger all. 

What I will say, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with this guy if it is to be him, but I think a few on here will be against it.

He will need to hit the ground running.

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:
10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i don't get why people don't want gerrard?

Stepping stone to a job up the road if it works out well and a complete disaster if it doesn't

There is zero doubt that Gerrard will at some point in his career want to manage Liverpool. If he was to be appointed here though two things would need to happen before he got the opportunity. Firstly there would need to be a vacancy at Liverpool and I'd be very surprised if that was anytime in the next 3 or 4 years. Secondly Gerrard would need to do very well here to then get the Liverpool job. If he came in did well for 3,4,5 years and then pissed off to Liverpool so be it. I'd rather have someone on the up looking to reach the top than someone on the way down.

Edited by markavfc40

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

If we hire any of JT, Gerrard or Lampard then Villa can absolutely piss off. 

JT would be the wrong appointment in my view but at least there is a connection. The other two have done nothing to come close to it. Would have rather Smith go three days earlier and us appoint Howe.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Given my track record on here of personnel potentially joining us, I'm saying bugger all. 

What I will say, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with this guy if it is to be him, but I think a few on here will be against it.

This could be literally anyone. 

Do you want to take over from #StevoITK?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

gerrard then

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Potter!

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think we need to accept that we're not going to like the new manager on a personal level based on who's just left. maybe we need a prick of a manager? was deano too nice?

I think that's what makes it all the more challenging in finding his successor...  even though the majority came calling for his head the last few weeks... Dean was still an extremely well liked manager and just simply a good person.  

Gerrard wouldn’t be my first choice either and I have zero knowledge if he’s even in the frame but what I will say about him is this……

He’s an absolute born winner, has that winning mentality in spades and is very professional about his work. He’s also learned from some of the best.

It could work.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

If he was to be appointed here though two things would need to happen before he got the opportunity. Firstly there would need to be a vacancy at Liverpool and I'd be very surprised if that was anytime in the next 3 or 4 years.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if its next summer. The team Klopp has built is ageing and I can't see him sticking around to build another one.Coming here would be a ballsy move for Gerrard, he'd be putting that future Liverpool job at risk - in Scotland he can look like a success forever in the two horse race, here there would be limitations and those limitations might not look too good on his application.