The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We have.

If it is who I've been told then I'll expect to see that coach depart his current club in the coming  days.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Given my track record on here of personnel potentially joining us, I'm saying bugger all. 

What I will say, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with this guy if it is to be him, but I think a few on here will be against it.

He will need to hit the ground running.

What’s the point? What do you get out of this?

With the Purslow connection I think it’s going to be Stevie G. Wouldn’t be my choice mind you but I’m sure this has been in the works for a while now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I hope it isn't Fonseca. It worries me that he hasn't stayed at a club for longer than 2 years and has been at 11 clubs during his 16 year managerial career. He is the kind of manager Watford would employ and I think that is what worries me the most! 

It was 3 years at Shakhtar to be fair and he absolutely dominated there after Dynamo Kyiv had reclaimed top spot before he arrived.More impressive than what Gerrard achieved in Scotland.

Just now, striker said:

With the Purslow connection I think it’s going to be Stevie G. Wouldn’t be my choice mind you but I’m sure this has been in the works for a while now.

That will be close to a McLeish appointment and show a general misunderstanding of Aston Villa.

Won't work a good whack of the fan base will be against it from the start. 

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Given my track record on here of personnel potentially joining us, I'm saying bugger all. 

What I will say, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with this guy if it is to be him, but I think a few on here will be against it.

He will need to hit the ground running.

Sounds like Gerrard then which would be a very poor choice and highly disappointing 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i don't get why people don't want gerrard?

Winning the SPL is not a high bar, particularly when the only other team with the same level of spending as rangers were a dysfunctional basketcase last season. If you take his reputation out of the equation he wouldn’t even enter the discussion. He’s on a par with Neil Lennon.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

1 year to the world cup with Italy as euro champions

I don't think he'd leave for utd let alone us 

Could he continue with Italy until after the WC and do both jobs in the interim. International football is hardly a taxing full time job. For the right manager I would not have a problem with this. Its not like we will ever have a game on when there is an international on and most of our players would be on international duty anyway so they wouldn't miss training

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Hasenhüttl has done an underrated job at Southampton, their squad really isn't that good, does well just to keep them in the league.

I agree, would imagine he’d get the best from ings again and is used to deploying a 4-4-2 which at present is likely the best use of our current squad