The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I just feel I’m going to be bitterly disappointed with the next managerial appointment.  I hope I’m wrong but just got a bad feeling!

There are about 4 candidates in world football that come with no downsides, and 5 of those are unattainable for the likes of Villa. 

• Like 2

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Hassenhutl for me.

He is a high level coach, doesn’t have the resources at Southampton. He will do a great job for us.

We love appointing managers from " lower "teams which have just battered us. It doesn't ever end well. Lol

Unless this is how badly they want JWP?

I just hope the board have a plan. To get rid of Smith and potentially appoint a chunt like Gerrard would be disappointing to say the least. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Gerrard would lose the fans very quick once we went on a bad run . Personally I’ve never had a problem with him or any dislike . 

The guys a bit of a throbber but that's not the reason I don't want him as manager. It's his complete lack of any credentials at this level that worries me

• Like 2

Coral have: Gerrard 7/4, JT 5/2, Frankie Lamps 5/2, Fonseca 5/1, Potter 12/1, Nuno 12/1, Hjulmand 16/1, Martinez 16/1, Farke 20/1, Favre 20/1, Dyche 25/1 & Bruce 33/1! :rolleyes:

Did Unai Emery turn down Newcastle because he had been sounded out by us?

Is Dyche ready to leave the Clarets for the Claret & Blues? 

image.jpeg.02eaef2b72f639134dcf4fe374676ca9.jpeg

• Like 1

As someone else put it I think we should be done with English managers.

Is Poch not taken? Pay over the odds for Bielsa he likes money? lol.

What about a German Coach??? We have to give English managers a rest for a while, we have a young team that can learn new methods from foreign Coaches and we should take the opportunity to give them this experience. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Gerrard would lose the fans very quick once we went on a bad run . Personally I’ve never had a problem with him or any dislike . 

Would Gerrard even have the fans on board day 1? I doubt it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

There are about 4 candidates in world football that come with no downsides, and 5 of those are unattainable for the likes of Villa. 

😁

I know, but imagine Gerrard raising the Villa shirt in a managerial promo photo or Lampard…it haunts my dreams 😂