The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Rumour is lampard is off to norwich which I hope, don’t want him here, has to be favre,  fonseca or maybe even the Denmark manager is rumoured to be a favourite with the owners 

The Denmark manager would frighten me. He’s done well at the International level, but his club record isn’t anything spectacular. I really hope we’re going a few tiers higher in terms of experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

yeah, who we employ will be a marker for where we are going.

Not making a statement with the new manager now, would be a huge mistake imo, honestly, i wish we could have got Conte.....

Those guys are out of our reach. He can choose any job he want's and hold out while he waits. £15m salary a year and what not. But we will have to pay up if we want an established manager.

TBH looking at Newcastle's struggles to attract a manager ,  I assumed big names would be beyond us at this stage and  it will be John Terry  .. knows the players and the club so wouldn't need a bedding in period

but presumably the club are going to pull something " wow" out of nowhere  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, picicata said:

I don't have a great deal of knowledge of foreign coaches so can't really pick out any left field possibilities. Having read up on a few that have been suggested, Favre would be interesting.

Domestically no one stands out.

My fear is Frank Lampard's stupid big face.

I think Frank is going to Norwich, hopefully they will hurry up and announce him

• Like 1