January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

As it stands we don’t need anyone in January, but we have loads of money still and we have all seen the difference a few quality additions has made. We are close to not having to spend any more for a while and a few more faces would complete the picture.

I think the club will move on Davis, AEG, Trez and possibly Nakamba over the next two windows. I think if we sign one more half decent forward (Damsgaard), a quality, ready made midfielder (Donny van de Beek) and a keeper, we have quality for years with the kids coming through and given a chance.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, but it's easily said after a run of Good performances, a couple of Good results and the knowledge we're nowhere near full strength yet.

I've said already GK, young LB and a DM are my priorities for the next two windows and none of them particularly as starters with the form our current starters are in....but I don't doubt that after a run of poor form at some point we'll see a glaring opportunity for improvement over the course of the season. 

It's just nice to know that we are talking about 1 at a push 2 keyplayers rather than 4-6 needed for once

Edited by HalfTimePost

9 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Hause can't be on more than 20 25k pw. An increase of 10k pw should keep him happy and us inline with ffp for a 4th choice cb ( who I rate as our best header at the club).

Emi I think as long as we pay him the going rate and he stars for the argies, will be here till he is no longer the top keeper.

I expect a good 5 years or hopefully more out of him and then him to get his coaching badges here so his family and he stays in the Birmingham area for 10 plus years.

Top quality we have to keep

Has he settled in the Birmingham area? I could be wrong but Emi seems like the kind of guy that would put his family first before making career decisions. I.e. think of kids school etc.

If he is settled in Birmingham I could see him staying at Villa for a very long time.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2021 at 13:38, lexicon said:

https://fbref.com/en/players/90f91999/John-McGinn#scout_summary_MF

He's been a lot better the last couple of games but his overall performances this season haven't been particularly great. It looks like he's heading in the right direction, though. 

Our best player this year by a country mile, a brilliant character on top, yet it kills certain posters to give him any credit. 

"He's heading in the right direction". 🤣🤣🤣

36 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Our best player this year by a country mile, a brilliant character on top, yet it kills certain posters to give him any credit. 

Luiz has been our best player by a country mile, followed by Ings. Then Mings in my opinion. Then maybe McGinn. He has been good in some games but very poor like in the Watford game despite his goal. 

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Luiz has been our best player by a country mile, followed by Ings. Then Mings in my opinion. Then maybe McGinn. He has been good in some games but very poor like in the Watford game despite his goal. 

This is just nonsense. Sorry, but it is. Luiz has been very good, but our best player by a country mile? No chance. I’d argue Cash and McGinn have been as good if not better. 

Ings has been good, no more, no less. In fact, with Buendia fit and raring to go, one might suggest Ings would be the one to make way for him.

Ultimately, we’ve had a good start to the season and we have competition for places so whilst I don’t agree with your statement, it’s great to even be having these discussions!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is just nonsense. Sorry, but it is. Luiz has been very good, but our best player by a country mile? No chance. I’d argue Cash and McGinn have been as good if not better. 

Ings has been good, no more, no less. In fact, with Buendia fit and raring to go, one might suggest Ings would be the one to make way for him.

Ultimately, we’ve had a good start to the season and we have competition for places so whilst I don’t agree with your statement, it’s great to even be having these discussions!

I'm sorry if you don't think Luiz has been our best player you are crazy. 

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It doesn't kill me to give him credit at all, on the contrary, I really want him to do well and have been very complimentary of his last two games if you look back through my posts. 

I've also gone into detail about where I think he was lacking in his poor performances if you'd care to look back.

Maybe then we could have a civilised conversation instead of... well... this.

Why do we have to rank players these days.  McGinn, Luiz, Ings and Cash have all been brilliant recently.  All offering differing things for us and we are benefiting with the recent wins for us, long may it continue.

I would still like to see us sign a quality centre mid. All of ours have had some good games this season but they are still inconsistent. It’s such an important area of the park and if you aren’t at it, you rarely win. 

• Confused 1

On 02/10/2021 at 14:54, gwi1890 said:

Why would we sell a capable 4th choice defender? We need 4 good central defenders especially now 3 at the back is one of our formations 

You are assuming Hause is happy with playing the role as a 4th choice CB

We already have too many players, not a clear system, and a bunch of prospects coming through. Right now I don't think we need to sign anyone and I hope we don't; the only thing that will make me change my mind is either us plummeting into the bottom 3 or a major injury crisis.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

No doubt after a defeat, we will need a whole new team! 

We don't need a whole new team, I actually think we don't need anyone, not in Jan anyway, we just need to use the team we have. We are not Man City, leaving our £35m creative player on the bench till the obligatory 70, I thought was poor, but standard.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

We don't need a whole new team, I actually think we don't need anyone, not in Jan anyway, we just need to use the team we have. We are not Man City, leaving our £35m creative player on the bench till the obligatory 70, I thought was poor, but standard.

Being expensive doesn't mean anything, you have to earn your place.

I was excited when Buendia joined and I'm still looking forward to seeing what he can bring us, but he was crap when he came on today, didn't change the game in our favour at all.

I'm confused as to why him costing £35m+ means he shouldn't be starting on the bench at the moment. His performances so far suggest he should be.

Edited by est1874

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Being expensive doesn't mean anything, you have to earn your place.

I was excited when Buendia joined and I'm still looking forward to seeing what he can bring us, but he was crap when he came on today, didn't change the game in our favour at all.

I'm confused as to why him costing £35m+ means he shouldn't be starting on the bench at the moment. His performances so far suggest he should be.

He needs games mate, he's no doubt a quality player. Target was doing all the creating today, that's not his job!