January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Weston McKennie been linked again with January move, not playing much for Juve this season so talk they'll sell him for 25m.

Exactly the sort of signing I can see Newcastle doing in January or the summer.

Several £25-30m players each window to improve their league position and stabilise them over the next 18 months. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Like us then?

Yep. Really don’t see them spending stupid high fees (ie £50m plus) on one player for at least 18 months/2 years.  They need to build a decent squad and be competitive in the first instance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yep. Really don’t see them spending stupid high fees (ie £50m plus) on one player for at least 18 months/2 years.  They need to build a decent squad and be competitive in the first instance.

Depends on their acumen. 

We've shown that we are happy to walk away if a club is trying for too much. 

If Newcastle overpay this winter (to stay in the league), then they'll be held to ransom forevermore 

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Exactly the sort of signing I can see Newcastle doing in January or the summer.

Several £25-30m players each window to improve their league position and stabilise them over the next 18 months. 

Yeah they need him more than we do currently.

However get to next summer and Luiz could still be refusing to sign so with one year left we'd have to sell him. Who knows if Sanson will finally be playing by then. If he hasn't it will have been 18 months since joining so probably time to cut losses. And Nakamba will also have one year left on his deal.

So suddenly from being well stocked in central midfield we'd be pretty light of quality options even if some good kids are coming through.

McKennie would be in Bailey bracket for me given he's played at good level in europe for last few years. I assume his nationality and potential marketing would also appeal to Wes especially with 2026 world cup coming up.

Let's sign him and leave Newcastle to get Ward Prowse for 40m next summer, that sounds a fair deal to me.

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly Nick.

"Flossing" and pissing about, is not what I expect to see from professional footballer.  Grow up!

God forbid someone have a different opinion to you on how to unwind and spend free time. 

17 hours ago, lexicon said:

He seems to be talented but very streaky - for the kind of fee and wages involved, I'd want someone a lot more dependable and frankly a little more serious/professional than him. 

said before, west ham not signing him speaks volumes to me, either the player himself didnt want to leave or utd wanted too much, there's going to be a huge misconception around him that utd dont need him, the player wants out so there will be a deal to be done, i really dont think that will be the case, you could be talking £35m and £150+ a week for him 

and then you throw in what he is as a footballer, he was good in west ham's system where they got him a lot of space to play in, england to me when i see him he gets away with some really suspect decision making because he's playing against the likes of andorra where he gets 10 opportunities for a goal or an assist, im sure in one of his recent outings he scored a good goal but it came off the back of about 8 shots of varying quality before one finally went in 

same as axel, he should never have gone back to utd in the summer after his successful loan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

said before, west ham not signing him speaks volumes to me, either the player himself didnt want to leave or utd wanted too much, there's going to be a huge misconception around him that utd dont need him, the player wants out so there will be a deal to be done, i really dont think that will be the case, you could be talking £35m and £150+ a week for him 

and then you throw in what he is as a footballer, he was good in west ham's system where they got him a lot of space to play in, england to me when i see him he gets away with some really suspect decision making because he's playing against the likes of andorra where he gets 10 opportunities for a goal or an assist, im sure in one of his recent outings he scored a good goal but it came off the back of about 8 shots of varying quality before one finally went in 

same as axel, he should never have gone back to utd in the summer after his successful loan

Problem is definitely his wages. He'd want 160-200k per week. That kind of money destabilises a whole dressing room. Jack was an exception, because he was a special player and the squad knew that. If we give Lingard that, then Martinez, Mcginn, Mings, Konsa, Ollie etc would all demand the same. Quite quickly 30 million a year is added to the wage budget.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s going to be hard for a lot of players to turn down Newcastle with the wages they could potentially offer. 

Especially, if they don't let them see/give them a tour of Newcastle. ;)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, John said:

Especially, if they don't let them see/give them a tour of Newcastle. ;)

It’s mad the Saudi’s have chose Newcastle of all clubs. I’d have thought they have gone for a London club. I guess there would be no chance they be able to takeover a club for 300m though. 

Back on topic I reckon we’ll go for an experienced number 2 goalie in January. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s mad the Saudi’s have chose Newcastle of all clubs. I’d have thought they have gone for a London club. I guess there would be no chance they be able to takeover a club for 300m though

Back on topic I reckon we’ll go for an experienced number 2 goalie in January. 

Considering their wealth of 200b+, i imagine Newcastle for 300m or a London team for X hundreds of millions probably wouldnt bother them, i imagine it was more down to which teams were actually available for purchase!?

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Considering their wealth of 200b+, i imagine Newcastle for 300m or a London team for X hundreds of millions probably wouldnt bother them, i imagine it was more down to which teams were actually available for purchase!?

Maybe. Surely every club has its price though?

On 11/10/2021 at 12:04, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. Surely every club has its price though?

They would still want to see a return regardless of their wealth. 

If you bought one of the big clubs for 1.5x what it was worth, its very unlikely they would see any of that back. 

£300m on Newcastle can very easily be worth £900m in a few years. 

46 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

They would still want to see a return regardless of their wealth. 

If you bought one of the big clubs for 1.5x what it was worth, its very unlikely they would see any of that back. 

£300m on Newcastle can very easily be worth £900m in a few years. 

Exactly which is why they may not just throw money at the club like everyone expects. 

They are not buying the club to make profit, they are buying to use it as a front to promote Saudi Arabia as a place for people to visit and to have it seem like less of a murderous regime.

Currently when people think of Saudi Arabia people think of Khashoggi and dead children in Yemen. They aim to change that (while obviously not stopping bombing innocent people or murdering dissidents)

They could not care one bit if Newcastle doesn't make them money directly.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3