January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Italian press linking us to a €15m move for Aaron Hickey (Scottish left back). Plays for Bologna

I think LB/LWB personally is the biggest need even if we revert back to 4 at the back but especially if we stick with 5.  Targett is a decent player but doesn't have near enough quality in my opinion especially in the final third.  On the flip side Cash has looked great (but needs to not be SO shot happy and look to distribute in the box a bit more).  Don't know much about Hickey but I'm pleased they are considering an upgrade at that spot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I think LB/LWB personally is the biggest need even if we revert back to 4 at the back but especially if we stick with 5.  Targett is a decent player but doesn't have near enough quality in my opinion especially in the final third.  On the flip side Cash has looked great (but needs to not be SO shot happy and look to distribute in the box a bit more).  Don't know much about Hickey but I'm pleased they are considering an upgrade at that spot.

I feel that LB is definitely an area that we need to look at bringing in another in the next 12 months for sure as Young is not a long term option and seems to be looking less and less effective with each appearance. I disagree with regards to Targett as a LB, where I think that he has been solid, however it’s his attacking play that does indeed let him down at times, or at the least it’s not a particular strength and if we persist with playing our fullbacks as wingbacks then we could do with another option.

Im sure I’d read that we’d been linked with Hickey before, so I’m not sure if this story is just a rehash of the old interest or if it is genuine but he looks a decent prospect.

10 minutes ago, Hornso said:

We were linked to him before he moved yes?

Got very close to him yeah.

Went to Bologna over us and Bayern(!) to get immediate first team football.

Sensible move I'd say.

£15m sounds cheap unless it was in his contract.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Got very close to him yeah.

Went to Bologna over us and Bayern(!) to get immediate first team football.

Sensible move I'd say.

£15m sounds cheap unless it was in his contract.

2 goals already this season, Bologna have made a decent start and are investing in youth

Hickey would be the sort of player you pick up because you've developed a long standing interest in him, he'll be wanted by a few but I reckon we can get him - if Bologna was the right club at the time before, we could be so now.