January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Not to be a doom monger but we also need and will be looking at Martinez replacements short to long term. Can see the la liga 3 being interested 

Barcelona can't afford to splash out on anyone.

Real have Courtois.

Atletico have Oblak.

Pretty much all the teams that could afford to sign either of these is set. Maybe Utd could convince Oblak to sign, but I can't see them spending £100m on a keeper when they have so many other issues to address.

I think a doom monger is exactly what you're being!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Not to be a doom monger but we also need and will be looking at Martinez replacements short to long term. Can see the la liga 3 being interested 

Not to be a hope monger but Martinez loves it at Villa by all accounts 

• Like 3

The athletic released an article today in which they polled numerous agents on various things. One question was, which club had the best transfer window. 

3 guesses which team won? 

And the reaction from our fan base on here and social media was laughable. Let's try and not lose our shit in January.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i dunno, Chelsea got 28m for Tomori who was also English and basically a fringe player at Chelsea, and i imagine Manure are in the same vein of getting every penny they possibly can for a fringe player (just like Liverpool have a history of mugging off other teams for their fringe players)

I wouldnt be against us signing him, but maybe not for the price i reckon they might be asking, such as 25-30m.

You just need to look at Lingard, im sure he would have been allowed to leave this summer, but were prob asking 30m+ from Spam who refused to pay it.

We will see though, who knows.

Tuanzebe is an expiring contract though. I imagine they will be forced to sell him hmuf he doesn't re-sign.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Tuanzebe is an expiring contract though. I imagine they will be forced to sell him hmuf he doesn't re-sign.

Didn’t he sign a new contract before his loan here?

21 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

he has 2 years left on his contract, and signed that just before he joined us on loan.

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i dunno, Chelsea got 28m for Tomori who was also English and basically a fringe player at Chelsea, and i imagine Manure are in the same vein of getting every penny they possibly can for a fringe player (just like Liverpool have a history of mugging off other teams for their fringe players)

I wouldnt be against us signing him, but maybe not for the price i reckon they might be asking, such as 25-30m.

You just need to look at Lingard, im sure he would have been allowed to leave this summer, but were prob asking 30m+ from Spam who refused to pay it.

We will see though, who knows.

We signed Mings for about 25m didn't we? It was needs must but he was a few years older than Axel.

If we sell Hause for 10m and sign Axel for 25m next summer then I'd be o.k with things.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We signed Mings for about 25m didn't we? It was needs must but he was a few years older than Axel.

If we sell Hause for 10m and sign Axel for 25m next summer then I'd be o.k with things.

Why would we sell a capable 4th choice defender? We need 4 good central defenders especially now 3 at the back is one of our formations 

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why would we sell a capable 4th choice defender? We need 4 good central defenders especially now 3 at the back is one of our formations 

Depends on Hause really.

I want him to stay but next summer he'll only have one year left, probably in 30-40k bracket so you could see a Fulham or Watford coming in for him with him earning that and he's London born so might want to go back down there for later part of his career.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hause is one of the best defenders for aerial duels in the PL. Why would we sell him and pay more for Tuanzebe? I know who I'd have start tomorrow

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hause is one of the best defenders for aerial duels in the PL. Why would we sell him and pay more for Tuanzebe? I know who I'd have start tomorrow

If he dosen't want to sign a new deal....

Saw elsewhere his contract is up end of the season? That would surprise me as just assumed we gave him 4 year deal after promotion like everyone else we signed that summer like Trez and Gulibert.

Perhaps club have been told he'll sign at later date so relaxed about the situation.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If he dosen't want to sign a new deal....

Saw elsewhere his contract is up end of the season? That would surprise me as just assumed we gave him 4 year deal after promotion like everyone else we signed that summer like Trez and Gulibert.

Perhaps club have been told he'll sign at later date so relaxed about the situation.

We have an option of another year on him, so it's in our hands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We have an option of another year on him, so it's in our hands.

Fair enough.

He should certainly be rewarded with new 3-4 year deal and pay rise. Who knows though he might want to play week in week out. We'll soon see.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Fair enough.

He should certainly be rewarded with new 3-4 year deal and pay rise. Who knows though he might want to play week in week out. We'll soon see.

Hause can't be on more than 20 25k pw. An increase of 10k pw should keep him happy and us inline with ffp for a 4th choice cb ( who I rate as our best header at the club).

Emi I think as long as we pay him the going rate and he stars for the argies, will be here till he is no longer the top keeper.

I expect a good 5 years or hopefully more out of him and then him to get his coaching badges here so his family and he stays in the Birmingham area for 10 plus years.

Top quality we have to keep