Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

2 positive thoughts;

Buendia/Bailey will have a field day threading through balls to Ings & Ollie

Also, we're now not dependant on any single player in 1 position going into this season.

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I think what this summer has taught us is that contracts are not worth shit.

They mean everything when it comes to over the hill players on high wages that you can't sell on. Seems like a sensible contract all things considered.

33 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I yearn for the day some of you get over this "philosophy" obsession like there cannot be exceptions to the general rule. Just because Ings and Young don't fit a certain profile doesn't mean that they aren't worthy, sensible signings.

Just get on board with it lads we're winning the league.

Spot on.

Here’s our new Philosophy:

We need to make sure that anyone we bring in is ready from the off.  We can not do what Spurs did with the Bale money. No time for risky experiments.  

We need to be top 6 to keep any more of our players from jumping ship.  We haven’t got time to bed players in, they need to be ready to go.

2-3 years of stop gap quality additions while we hoover up all the young talent in the country for peanuts.

we absolutely can not take a backward step when we lose Grealish, and if that means overpaying on a 29yr old who has shown his class season after season - I’m all for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

My only issue with Ings is his injury record.  Being 29 isn't that big of a deal, plus he'll be another leader to the squad as well.

Good to see the booze is starting to cheer you up. Well done mate. 🍺

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mate, see page 9.........I am deliriously delighted with this...

giphy.gif

I think it maybe @Kiwivillan that may need a hug that we've brought another quality striker in

I don't mind Ings seems a bit panic buy after Grealish if 30m for injury prone 29 year old. At least this puts Tammy and probably JWP to bed and shows that likes of Percy et al haven't a clue. They didn't see this coming while saying we were after the other 2

• Like 1

Wow this happened fast, slight rumblings earlier but didn’t think we’d get him and boom. 
Good signing when fit, play all across the front line, can score goals, good in the pressure and will really help develop Barry.

Â