Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i mean....man im so confused, seriously.

I thought this was a joke/photoshop when i first glanced at it.

He's a very good striker no doubt, but he's 29 and has injury issues, and....30m?, did we really wanna spend 30m of the Grealish money on Ings?

I mean.....honestly....i dont know whether to be happy or not.

30m of the Grealish money on Ings.......im in shock i think.....

This week just couldnt get more twilight zone could it?......could it?

We’ve got plenty of money, don’t know why people are fixating on spending the ‘Grealish money’, we can spend this and more irrespective of Jacks impending move.

DF0DC73A-10A2-4E87-9229-E7E08430155E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He's way better than Tammy to be fair.

Wonder what this means though. Is he coming to start, or be Watkins' backup?

He's coming to start.  You don't have the fourth highest goal scorer in the PL over the last two seasons twiddling his thumbs on the bench.  Dean also described Bailey as a striker rather than a winger.  So I think we are playing with two "narrow" inside forwards and a centre forward with Cash and Targett providing more width.  All three forward comfortable drifting wide, all three deadly in and around the box.

• Like 1

This makes so much sense, great signing imo. Even if he played as the number 10 he will offer more than, can barely move Barkley, fact!

Edited by WHY

Just now, 1974Centenary said:

Is a footballer done at 29? Harry Kane has 1 year left of his career if that's the case.

Let me tell you about these two guys called Messi and Ronaldo....

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s softened the Grealish blow for me,  not sure about anyone else. Was devastated earlier but feel excited now.   

It reinforces that AVFC and NSWE are not here to **** around or make up the numbers, exciting times indeed 

• Like 2

I get the feeling that this could have been announced at a later date but our owners are so awesome they rushed it through just to give us fans something to smile about after the week we've had.

We're in good hands.

Also, welcome Danny.

Edited by Okonokos

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't mind Ings seems a bit panic buy after Grealish if 30m for injury prone 29 year old. At least this puts Tammy and probably JWP to bed and shows that likes of Percy et al haven't a clue. They didn't see this coming while saying we were after the other 2

Yeah I dont trust any media these days, like you say, even the Percy and Fab's of this world that had no idea about this.

Interesting to see who we buy next.

Â