Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, allani said:
Emiliano Buendia - 236 matches, 41 goals, 56 assists
Leon Bailey - 233 matches, 54 goals, 47 assists
Danny Ings - 297 matches, 106 goals, 29 assists
Ollie Watkins - 261 matches, 91 goals, 39 assists
Bertie Traore - 275 matches, 80 goals, 38 assists

Boy we should be exciting to watch next season!  I mean each one of them is averaging a key contribution every other match.  That is some serious ****ing firepower.  And if they don't score / assist more than average next season I will be surprised.  I mean Ings and Ollie will be lapping up the through balls from Emi.  Wow.

If they gel we will be fun to watch this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don't think it's a panic signing because we were short up front. Reality is that Ings provides excellent competition up front and can play on the wing. £25m is a better price than £30m. However he's a lethal striker and I for one like that. 

Maybe we'll even play a different style of 433.  Previously we played a striker and two wingers in that front three with Grealish and Traore but now we could play, like Liverpool three forwards in Watkins, Ings and Bailey.  So Watkins and Bailey wouldnt be out wide, they would be more forward and off centre rather than wide.  Or Watkins in the middle and ings and Bailey coming in like Firmino drops and Mane and Salah come in

So many options

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, blunther said:

No journalist had a clue about this an hour ago, so they definitely won't know the detail on the fee or wages either. Literally just plucking figures from the air. Journalism is dead. 

But the Liverpool sell-on clause is real. 20% goes to them.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I agree. Watkins as a winger kinda worries me a bit. Well, worry is probably the wrong word. But I think he's a better striker than winger.  But I think Watkins is probably a better winger than Ings. Though, who knows. It's exciting all the same. 

The beauty of it is how the front four can rotate during games - Ings can drop out wide as Ollie goes central etc 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

We have Mings… 

But Mings can take charge at the back without the armband and we need a captain further up field I reckon.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah I agree. Watkins as a winger kinda worries me a bit. Well, worry is probably the wrong word. But I think he's a better striker than winger.  But I think Watkins is probably a better winger than Ings. Though, who knows. It's exciting all the same. 

But why would we shift Watkins when he played so well in the middle? Could be a fast dynamic 3 of Ings, Watkins & Bailey I suppose. Switching the system. This definatley gives us options. I did not want to see Wesley lumbering about this season. We need to cut our loses on that one.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The beauty of it is how the front four can rotate during games - Ings can drop out wide as Ollie goes central etc 

Indeed, this is the modern way. Fluid, adaptable positioning.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
               Luiz - McGinn
   Bailey - Buendia - Watkins
                     Ings

I think it's pretty clear how the team lines up currently 

With that front 4 interchanging... 

image.png.7b198c2ab713c69c0f7c19ac9d0fc6b6.png

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think this was our plan last year though with Wilson to have 2 good strikers  that can rotate,  he’s entering the later stages of his career so playing less would probably prolong his career, it’s a opportunity to push for European spot for him also 

Yep, hence why I thought we would be getting another striker because we were after both Wilson and Watkins last summer and not one or the other, we wanted both.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So if Jack does not go then we are just thinking screw FFP it's a gone system anyhow just spend whatever we like cus we can afford it and do what the other big boys are doing.

There must be something that sent a message that it's fine to spend and that maybe were close to FFP being gone or changed.

There's no FFP this year, it's been relaxed, which is why Man City can go and spend £260 Mil if they wanted.

Â