Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe we'll even play a different style of 433.  Previously we played a striker and two wingers in that front three with Grealish and Traore but now we could play, like Liverpool three forwards in Watkins, Ings and Bailey.  So Watkins and Bailey wouldnt be out wide, they would be more forward and off centre rather than wide.  Or Watkins in the middle and ings and Bailey coming in like Firmino drops and Mane and Salah come in

So many options

Damn forgot about Traore! 

• Haha 1

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

But why would we shift Watkins when he played so well in the middle? Could be a fast dynamic 3 of Ings, Watkins & Bailey I suppose. Switching the system. This definatley gives us options. I did not want to see Wesley lumbering about this season. We need to cut our loses on that one.

Watkins as SS?

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But Mings can take charge at the back without the armband and we need a captain further up field I reckon.

I have no doubt that Ings possesses some leadership qualities that are always welcome on the pitch, but Tyrone takes the armband for me. 

Edited by Tayls

he actually looks a really well rounded striker.

I mean, i know he scores some good goals, but not gonna lie, i cant say i knew a lot about his all round game.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, foreveryoung said:

There's no FFP this year, it's been relaxed, which is why Man City can go and spend £260 Mil if they wanted.

I saw earlier that since Pep joined City have spend £1billion… all that blood and oil money…

Just now, foreveryoung said:

There's no FFP this year, it's been relaxed, which is why Man City can go and spend £260 Mil if they wanted.

It’s only been relaxed, I think from what @omariqy said to me, Jack being home grown and because fees are paid out over a longer period this means we have more spending lower. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I agree. Watkins as a winger kinda worries me a bit. Well, worry is probably the wrong word. But I think he's a better striker than winger.  But I think Watkins is probably a better winger than Ings. Though, who knows. It's exciting all the same. 

I think we're talking about interchanging positions, rather than seeing Watkins hugging the touchline. 

Bailey, Watkins and Ings as a front 3, Buendia behind ahead of a CM pairing.

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Damn forgot about Traore! 

Yeah me too. Gods be praised we are assembling a squad!!

I cannot tell you how my mood has improved over the last hour.

I hate football.

I love football.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Arguably we've replaced Grealish with Danny Ings, Emi Buendia, Leon Bailey and some change. Not bad going that.

I think this post above is a great way of looking at things.

Plus, those who are unsure about Ings and the price. Think how much he will offer off the pitch to the squad. The likes of Barry, even Watkins must be delighted at the prospect of working and learning from him. The experience may well be paying dividends for far longer than his three year contract.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Indeed, this is the modern way. Fluid, adaptable positioning.

It’s going to be very hard for defences with that fluidity, workrate, pace and finishing available. That will also make Traore and AEG step up. Gosh, it’s actually genius. No longer a one man reliant team. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I didn't see it linked anywhere before I saw his comment.

Ps - I know it says edited 2hrs ago but from what I can tell it's identical to the original comment.

If true, this is pretty much just like the Barkley call he made last year. Both of those had zero fanfare before the actual signing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just putting it out there.

Mings and Ings in a commentator's perspective will be a nightmare.

Can just imagine the amount of confusion it will cause to them!

Mings Pings to Ings on the wing

Â