Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We’ve got plenty of money, don’t know why people are fixating on spending the ‘Grealish money’, we can spend this and more irrespective of Jacks impending move.

DF0DC73A-10A2-4E87-9229-E7E08430155E.jpeg

Aston Villa we will spend what we want 

Genius move by the club in terms of sweetening the Grealish shock.

I am still surprised - I didn't think he would be the kind of player we went for in terms of age. But what the hell. Top 5 goalscorer over several years, 130 million less than Kane and only a year older. It's not the worst piece of business in the world!

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I reckon Watkins and Ings will interchange. Plus Bailey can too. Hopefully it’s going to cause havoc with opposition defences.

unzips.................

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

There is no way he is coming here to be on the bench. He'll be one of the first players on the team sheet when fit and will score a bucket load in this team.

That is what we all want!

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Good to see the booze is starting to cheer you up. Well done mate. 🍺

Yeah, I'm not a pessimistic person, but this was a bit underwhelming out of the blue.  Starting to warm to the idea though.  Where did the rest of that bottle of gin go...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, allani said:

He's coming to start.  You don't have the fourth highest goal scorer in the PL over the last two seasons twiddling his thumbs on the bench.  Dean also described Bailey as a striker rather than a winger.  So I think we are playing with two "narrow" inside forwards and a centre forward with Cash and Targett providing more width.  All three forward comfortable drifting wide, all three deadly in and around the box.

Yes a more classic 4-3-3 perhaps.

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't mind Ings seems a bit panic buy after Grealish if 30m for injury prone 29 year old. At least this puts Tammy and probably JWP to bed and shows that likes of Percy et al haven't a clue. They didn't see this coming while saying we were after the other 2

Joint second highest goalscorer (non-penalty goals) over the last two seasons alongside Mo Salah and behind Harry Kane (who is only a few months younger than him).  33 matches last season, 42 matches the previous season, 25 the season before.  So it has been 3 seasons since he had any real injury issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

30m for a soon to be 30 year old striker with 2 ACLs and loads of miles on his knees.

I'm sorry. This is not a good buy

He only turned 29 a week or two ago. No matter what is going on with the club, the same posters pee on the chips every time. He'll be 32 when his deal expires, that is nothing these days the condition most players keep themselves in these days. He's played more PL games than Grealish the last 2 seasons and his scoring record is fantastic. 

If he can help get us into Europe then that alone will cover his lack of re-sale value, plus it allows Ollie to actually miss a few minutes in a season instead of being burned out, having to play every single minute possible. Then there's his work-rate, his clinical finishing, his intelligence with and without the ball, the attitude and knowledge he can pass on to the younger players coming through.

£30 is no guarentee of the price either. At the end of his contract he could extend it and we'd still have a knowledgeable fox in the box to bring off the bench. 

This has the possibility of being a fantastic buy.

• Like 1

Â